TRURO City bounced back from last weekend’s disappointment in the best possible fashion as the White Tigers came out comfortable 0-2 winners away at Farnborough.

An early James Ward header and an emphatic Louis Rooney finish late on made sure that City headed back to Cornwall with all three points in the bag.

After a frustrating and disappointing Bank Holiday weekend that saw Truro slip to two defeats in three days, they needed a reaction in Hampshire on Saturday afternoon, and a reaction is exactly what they got.

They came out of the traps quickly and were off in celebration less than five minutes in. Will Dean fizzed in a beautiful cross that James Ward latched onto to nod home and put City 0-1 up.

The White Tigers kept pushing and could have easily made it two. Firstly, debutant Moulayne N’Diaye did well to get a cross in that found Jamie Richards who couldn’t convert at the back post.

There was then nearly a carbon copy of the goal, this time from a corner. Dean send another fantastic ball into the box which again James Ward got on the end of but this time headed just over the crossbar.

Harrison Davis was then denied by a brilliant save from Farnborough keeper Liam Beech. Luke Jephcott beat two men and ran to the by-line before cutting the ball back to Davis, whose header was superbly knocked away for a corner.

Jephcott continued to cause problems for the hosts while up the other end James Hamon made two great saves to keep Truro’s lead intact. Both Harlain Mbayo and Ryan Law put last ditch tackles in too and as the home side started to get more of a foot hold in the match.

N’Diaye tried his luck with a volley from just outside the area right on the brink of half time but his audacious attempt went just over.

Farnborough had a big early chance as Hamon was forced into a great save before Jamie Richards dived in with a great block to only concede a corner.

Both Truro full backs were making nuisances of themselves as Law linked up well with Niall Thompson before picking out Davis who fired wide.

City had to soak up Farnborough some pressure before they caught them on the counter to double their lead. Luke Jephcott brought down a cross before setting substitute Louis Rooney, who turned his marker and slotted into the top corner leaving Beach no chance.

Rooney’s goal killed the game and Truro played the game out with ease as City finish August on a high and move up to second in the Southern League table. Truro now have a week to

recover before they welcome Wimborne Town to Treyew Road in the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday.

Truro: Hamon, Davis, Law, Ward, Mbayo, Richards ©, Dean, Keats, N’Diaye (Booth 50), Thompson (Rooney 72), Jephcott.

MOTM: Ryan Law

Attendance: 329