REDRUTH were handed their first defeat of the National League 2 South season, going down 29-12 at Taunton Titans.

The Somerset side held a slender 10-5 lead at the break thanks to a Gary Kingdom penalty and Isaac Dalton's try, with Matt Shepherd replying for the Reds.

But the Titans went up through the gears after the break with Chris Francis and Freddie Fraser going over, and while Jack Simmons' try converted by Fraser Honey gave Redruth hope, Lewis Webb's converted try late on sealed victory for the hosts.

Camborne also registered their first loss of the season with a 14-28 reverse at Okehampton in the South West Premier.

The Cherry & Whites flew out of the blocks with two converted tries in the first 20 minutes, but unfortunately could not score another point in the remaining 60 as Okehampton eventually sealed a comfortable victory late on.

St Ives remain rooted to the bottom of the South West 1 West table after forfeiting their game at home to Cleve. The Hakes lost their first game of the season 82-14 at Chew Valley last weekend.

Falmouth came within five points of victory at a Wadebridge Camels side that has lost just five home games in the last two seasons, but eventually lost 27-23 in Western Counties West.

The Eagles led early on thanks to two penalties but fell 20-6 behind at the break, and despite scoring 17 points in a second-half revival, the Camels held on to seal the four points.

Penryn suffered their first defeat of their return to the Western Counties West, losing 31-22 at St Austell.

Max Bullen, CJ Boyce and Andy Inch each scored tries as the Saints enjoyed a commanding 19-0 lead before Sam Carter bagged a try and a penalty to make it 19-8 at the break.

Ben Plummer sealed the hosts' bonus point with another try to extend the lead, but Andrew Seviour and Viv Wilmott replied with converted tries of their own to make things interesting once again, only for Nelly Webber to add another converted try and finally seal victory.

Truro continued their blistering start to life back in Cornwall/Devon, winning 92-5 at home to Lanner.

Luke Tidball scored four tries, with Owen Davey, Ieuan Boon, James Martin and Tom Spiers adding two apiece and Luke Trescothick notching another, while Ashley Hosking kicked 11 conversions.

Martin Goldsworthy's unconverted try was all that Lanner had to show for the day.

Pirates Amateurs came from behind to win 33-17 at South Molton. Morgan Holman scored twice for the Amateurs, with Ryan Forrester, Jonny Badcock and Jake Hole also going over. Daniel Rhys-Evans added four conversions.

Veor lost 14-33 at home to Plymstock Albion Oaks, with the newly promoted side sitting second from bottom after two defeats from two games.

Hayle sit second in Cornwall 1 after adding a 21-9 win at St Agnes to last week's win over Newquay Hornets. The Hornets bounced back to win 39-17 at home to Illogan Park, who drop to fifth.

Camborne SoM and St Just are at the foot of the table following defeats at Bodmin and at home to Lankelly-Fowey respectively.

Stithians' match at home to Redruth Albany in Cornwall 2 was abandoned in the 32nd minute after an injury to a visiting player with the hosts leading 25-0.