KIERAN Toland scored a hat-trick as Mousehole recorded a comprehensive win at Porthleven in their Cornwall Charity Cup first-round tie at Gala Parc.

Toland opened the scoring on 18 minutes before Rheiss McClean doubled the advantage a minute later, with Scott Imade and Toland giving the Seagulls a four-goal lead at the break.

Toland sealed his hat-trick just over a minute into the second half, with Paulo Sousa also netting as Mousehole eased into the quarter-finals.

The Seagulls looked dangerous right from the off, with Amara Bakayoko heading wide early before Ethan Fearn twice saved from Toland, with the 'keeper then denying Rheiss McClean as the visitors sniffed an early goal.

Port had a brief respite with Dan Stidwell chipping a cross onto the top of Mickey Flores' crossbar, with George Molcher heading the clearance back inside the box towards Charlie Young, who could not quite reach it before the goalkeeper.

The opening goal arrived just as the hosts were getting a stranglehold in the game and in cruel fashion, with a horrible miscommunication between defender and goalkeeper allowing Toland the simplest of tap-ins.

The Seagulls doubled their lead barely a minute later with a fine solo finish from McClean, who cut in from the left and fired into the bottom right corner.

Falmouth Packet:

Mousehole were rampant by now and a third goal was looking like being a matter of time, and it arrived on 27 minutes when Imade fired home from inside then box.

Three became four just six minutes later with the goal of the game from the in-form Toland, with the forward leaving Fearn with no chance with a stunning strike into the top corner from distance.

It remained four at the break but it could have been worse, with Bakayoko's powerful low cross being cleared off the line before Fearn saved brilliantly from Billy Curtis' fierce drive moments later.

Toland needed just 75 seconds of the second half to complete his hat-trick, finding space inside the box to drill Matthews' cross in from ten yards.

The Fishermen finally enjoyed a spell of pressure in the game after the goal, with Fraser's cross just evading Stidwell at the back post before Jason Roberts sent a looping header wide and Dan Richardson saw his effort take a deflection onto Flores' crossbar.

Falmouth Packet:

But the visitors soon added another to their tally with another fine finish in the 67th minute. Sousa found space on the edge of the box and drove a low shot into the bottom corner.

Mousehole could have added to the score with substitute Steven Ziboth shooting wide from eight yards before Bakayoko tested Fearn with a powerful strike from the edge of the box.

Porthleven kept pushing for a consolation goal and almost had it in the first minute of injury time when Young pounced on a loose pass and ran in on goal, but Flores did well to tip his shot over the bar.

Porthleven: E Fearn, C Wormington, E Timmons, J Roberts, T Whipp, H Dark, D Richardson, D Stidwell, C Young, G Molcher (J Adlard-Rogers 33), K Fraser. Subs (unused): T Oliver, M Fox, J Thomson.

Mousehole: M Flores, B Curtis, J Devine, S Imade, B Harding, P Sousa, R McClean (G James 62), L Cela (S Shulberg 86), K Toland, A Bakayoko, I Matthews (S Ziboth 62). Subs (unused): T Hands, C Harvey.

Falmouth Packet: