LUKE Brabyn scored a hat-trick as Falmouth Town twice battled back from losing their lead to eventually overcome a stubborn Newquay side in their South West Peninsula League Premier West encounter at Bickland Park.

Brabyn opened the scoring in the fourth minute with a fine finish before Ross Fallens fired the visitors level shortly after.

Ryan Martt restored Town's lead with a header, only for Jack Bray-Evams to equalise again, but Brabyn twice netted in the second half to seal Town's fifth victory in a row.

It took just four minutes to open the scoring with Town taking the early lead when Brabyn received the ball inside the box and fired into the top corner on the turn.

But the Peppermints were soon level with Fallens equalising ten minutes later. The Newquay midfielder received the ball just outside the Falmouth penalty area and drilled it into the bottom corner.

Falmouth picked themselves up and restored their lead just six minutes later with Martt powerfully heading in at the near post from Luke Barner's corner.

The hosts had a good chance to score a third in the 27th minute when Brabyn was put through on his own, but visiting 'keeper Dan Peters did well to save his shot.

However it was the away side who netted next, with Bray-Evans putting Newquay back on terms with a wonderful finish on the half-hour mark. The striker received the ball just inside the box and fired it into the far corner for the 21st goal in the last 210 minutes of football at Bickland.

Newquay were looking more likely to score another before half-time, with Fallens whipping in a free-kick and Martt hoofing it clear inside the six-yard box before Aaron Dilly could fire in, while an unmarked Bray-Evans headed at Barnes from a corner kick in first-half injury-time.

Town nudged themselves in front for the third time on the hour, with Brabyn's persistence paying off when the forward closed down Peters and blocked his clearance, before scrambling to his feet to fire in from six yards.

The Peppermints went in search of a third equaliser and nearly had it on 68 minutes when Tom Shepard went on a fine run into the box and almost squeezes his shot under Barnes, but the 'keeper recovered to claim the ball before it rolled over the line.

They continued to push forward in search of that third goal but struggled to test the home defence, with Bray-Evans firing wide from distance in the only effort of note.

Brabyn capped off a fine individual performance and a fine night for the home side by completing his hat-trick, late on, heading in at the back post from Tim Nixon's superb cross seven minutes from time.

Falmouth: R Barnes, L Barner, O Moody, R Martt, J Cooper, T Clark, S Pickup, R Chinn, L Brabyn, M Duff, T Nixon. Subs: L Chinn, A Westgarth, D Broglino, B Oliver, S Parker-Billinge.

Newquay: D Peters, C Jameson, A Bradshaw, O Dart, J Miles, R Fallens, T Shepard, A Dilly, A Cole, J Bray-Evans, J Perez. Subs: P Lowry, S Rodda, J Hickling.