Helston Athletic boss Steve Massey was left frustrated after defensive errors cost his side a clean sheet in their 5-3 win at Wadebridge Town on Saturday.

Mark Goldsworthy scored his third hat-trick of the season for the Blues, with Alfie Flack and Kai Cornish also scoring for Helston.

The in-form visitors were dominant at Bodieve Park, but the Bridgers benefitted from individual errors to score three times, with Kyle Flew scoring twice, a tap-in after a sliced clearance and a penalty after a foul in the box, while Matt Lloyd grabbed the other with a close-range tap-in from a rebound.

"It was very much like the Godolphin game to be perfectly honest," Massey said. "Lots of chances, huge possession, we must have had 80 to 20 per cent possession. We must have had at least 15 good chances to score.

"I didn't think there was any danger of us losing the game, it was just very frustrating with what we're about and what we're trying to build our success on this year, particularly with clean sheets and not conceding goals, and we've conceded three and two of them were absolutely of our own making.

"That was disappointing but if I could be frustrated and a little bit unhappy, but we score five and win every week, I'll be a happy man come the end of April."

'Dron lose their lead

Wendron United manager Jack Greenwood rued his side's missed opportunity as the Dron surrendered a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 at home to Bodmin Town, in the two teams' first-ever league meeting.

Jack Stocker gave Wendron the lead at the break with a lob over 'keeper Richard Kellow from distance shortly before half-time, but Dan Pethick came off the bench to level the scores midway through the second half, before Sam Hillson bundled in from close range with ten minutes to go after Dan Stedman tipped Lewis Webber's shot onto the crossbar and into the defender's path.

READ MORE: Wendron resistance finally broken amid torrential rain at the Underlane

"We actually gave a bit of firm talking-to at half-time because I thought we were really poor first half," Greenwood said, "and it was weird to be coming in 1-0 up because it was a great finish from Stocker, and him and Danny Stedman were probably our best players today, but as a team I thought we were really poor. We were sluggish and our passing was slow so it wasn't great.

"But to not hold on or even at 1-1 we had a great chance and a half-chance and I think that's what disappointing as we just didn't take them, we limited them a bit more second half but it's a tough one to gauge because the conditions out there were awful and you can't really play football, but there's not much you can do about that."

Five in a row for Town

Falmouth Town manager Andrew Westgarth was delighted with his side's "nigh on perfect" September, which ended with a 4-2 win at home to Newquay on Friday night.

The month began with a 2-1 home defeat to local rivals Helston Athletic, but Luke Brabyn's hat-trick and Ryan Martt's header secured Town's fifth win on the bounce since that defeat to the Blues.

"Great recovery isn't it?" Westgarth said. "I spoke about how difficult our August has been, but on the flip side our September has been nigh on perfect other than the defeat to Helston.

READ MORE: Brabyn scores treble as Falmouth beat Newquay to record fifth straight win

"There were a few hairy moments in the first half and we spoke to the boys at half-time, a few things needed to change and second half I thought we were excellent. We soaked up a lot of pressure, looked great on the counter attack, looked great going forward, every time we went forward I thought we were always going to do something.

"No surprise that Brabyn gets a great hat-trick, he was a constant menace and he epitomised everything that we were about tonight."