WENDRON United survived a late comeback by Godolphin Atlantic to secure their first home win of the season.

The hosts controlled the first half and led by three at the break, with Joe Souch, TJ Walter and Chris Mulroy netting for the Dron.

Ross Rice replied from the penalty spot with 15 minutes to go, but Dan Quirke's goal restored Wendron's lead with two minutes left of the 90.

But Godolphin pushed until the end with Sadev Gotthardt scoring on 90 minutes before Craig Harvey's super strike in the first minute of injury time set up a tense finish, but the hosts held on for their first win in four games.

Wendron dominated from the off with Walter and Souch both coming close inside the first seven minutes, and the latter got on the scoresheet three minutes later when Walter's free kick was headed across to him eight yards from goal. His header was parried into the air by goalkeeper Ryan Holland and dropped over the line.

They doubled their lead after another seven minutes when Dan Quirke raced in on goal and prepared to shoot, only for a defender to pinch it off him and send it to his own goal. Holland tipped it away from the far corner but only for Walter to fire in from six yards.

Quirke was involved in the third goal on 24 minutes when he nicked the ball off the 'keeper at the byline and laid it on a plate for Mulroy to fire in from the centre of the box.

Godolphin got a grip of the game and got a few efforts on Joe Richards' goal, with Craig Harvey, Ben Clark and Ross Rice all testing the youngster.

The Dron almost managed a fourth in the final action of the half with Walter's clearance finding Mulroy who teed up Souch to race through on his own, but his shot was well saved by Holland.

The visitors spurned a huge chance for a goal back three minutes into the second half when Rice strode between the Wendron centre-backs, but rolled his shot wide of Richards' goal.

Wendron eventually woke up with a good attack own the left finding Lucas Potts, whose shot from the edge of the box was deflected over the bar, only for the G to go up the other end and strike the post almost instantly.

Godolphin's job was made harder in the 67th minute when referee Nigel D'Arcy sent Joe Woodgate to the sin bin for protesting a free-kick.

But the G got their first goal of the game while they were a man down when Hayden Fuller was adjudged to have handled in the box, with Rice sending the spot kick into the bottom corner.

The home side had struggled in the second half and could not quite find a goal to close the game out. Substitute Jack Noy sped in on his own but could not place his shot past Holland, who saved well.

That almost came back to bite them seconds later when the visitors went up the other and struck the post for a second time, with Harvey slamming a shot against the upright on the spin.

But the Dron seemed to finally seal victory with two minutes of the 90 remaining, with Quirke striding through on his own, rounding the 'keeper and firing into the empty net.

Godolphin immediately hit back with what appeared to be a consolation in the 90th minute, with Gotthardt bundling one in from close range.

But all of a sudden a comeback was on, with Harvey thundering a shot in off the inside of the far post from 25 yards in the first minute of injury time.

Rice had a huge chance to complete an amazing comeback a minute later, but fired into the side netting from the right of the box, with Matt Sanders having a shot blocked by a Wendron shirt soon after as the hosts just about clung on to the three points.

Wendron: J Richards, F Robinson, R Carroll, S Palmer, H Fuller, B Ringrose, L Potts, J Souch, D Quirke, T Walter, C Mulroy. Subs: J Noy, M Bowden, K Thomas, J Chapman, M Potts.

Godolphin: R Holland, S Gotthardt, J Stone, M Sanders, B Clark, J Grange, C Harvey, R Rice, D Woodgate, S Barot, R Shivlock, Subs: B Colquhoun, C Buchanan, D Soley, C Gadney.