HELSTON Athletic bounced back from last weekend’s chastening defeat at home to rivals Falmouth Town with a 3-1 win at St Blazey on Saturday.

St Blazey opened the scoring just before the break, with Carl Rickard lobbing in for his first goal for the club in the 43rd minute.

But a devastating five-minute spell early in the second half turned the tide towards the visitors, with Billy Tucker starting it off in the 49th minute with a fine solo run to level the scores.

Phil Cattran completed the comeback on 53 minutes by volleying home after Mark Goldsworthy’s header was tipped into his path, before Neil Slateford rounded off the scoring a minute later with an excellent run and finish.

The Blues have now won 11 consecutive league games, equalling a club record set in the 2007/08 Combination League season.

Falmouth Town also experienced contrasting emotions from last weekend, as they fell to a disappointing 4-0 defeat at Bodmin Town, who move up to second in the table.

Lance Bailey put the hosts in front from the penalty spot on 16 minutes, with the midfielder sending Town goalkeeper Ryan Barnes the wrong way.

Tom Harris doubled the advantage eight minutes into the second half, firing in after Barnes tipped debutant Jack Alexander’s cross into his path.

It was a similar story for Bodmin’s third on 71 minutes, with former Falmouth man Tom Annear’s free-kick being tipped away by Barnes, but only for Nathan Summers to convert from close range.

Lewis Webber came off the bench to complete Town’s miserable afternoon with a fine finish in the third minute of injury time.

Wendron United eventually secured victory over a stubborn Sticker side, ending their run of four games without a win in the process.

TJ Walter put the dominant hosts two goals up against the league's bottom side by the half hour, only for Sam Began to halve the deficit soon after.

Scott Palmer restored the two-goal lead from the spot early in the second half but Tom Tallis pulled another back for the visitors, who were agonisingly denied an equaliser in injury-time, with their effort controversially deemed not to have crossed the line.

Porthleven moved above Liskeard Athletic into ninth after a 2-0 win at the Blues.

The game was all square heading into half-time, but a Liskeard sin bin shortly before the break allowed the Fishermen to capitalise, with Charlie Young teeing up Dan Richardson to fire in the opener early in the second half.

The same pair combined for the second goal, with club top-scorer Young setting up Richardson to bag his second of the game and third in three days.

The game ended on a sour note for Port, with Young's match ending early after suffering concussion late on.

League leaders St Austell were held at home to in-form Camelford, drawing 1-1 at Poltair Park.

The Camels, who had won their last five league games prior to their midweek loss at Falmouth, took the lead early in the second half through Leighton Carhart, with Dan Perryman rescuing a point for the home side.

Third-placed Saltash United closed the gap on St Austell with a 6-1 win at struggling St Dennis.

Chris Menhenick scored twice for the Ashes, with Ryan Richards, Reece Thomson, Callum O’Brien and Matt David also netting. Ryan Hayhurst replied for the Saints.

Mousehole enjoyed a smashing 10-0 win at Dobwalls to keep in touch with the leading pack.

Lez Cela scored a hat-trick, with Rheiss McClean and Kieran Toland netting two apiece, while Imani Matthews, Amara Bakayoko and an own goal completing the scoring.

Newquay moved up to sixth following a 5-3 win at home to Wadebridge Town.

Ross Fallens and Sonny Dover scored two each for the Peppermints, who also benefitted from an own goal. Sam Gerken, Kieran Rowe and Matt Lloyd replied for the Bridgers, who had led 3-2.

Callington Town won 3-1 at Godolphin Atlantic, with Lee Robinson, Ryan Lucassi and Sam Morgan netting for the visitors.

Penzance and Launceston drew 2-2 at Penlee Park. Mark Vercesi and Anton Oliver put the Magpies two goals up, but the Clarets battled back with Charlie Hardcastle and Ruben Kane rescuing a point.