DEFENDING champions Falmouth Town sealed their spot in the quarter-finals of the Cornwall Senior Cup with a three-goal win at Dobwalls.

David Broglino put Town in front from the spot in the 38th minute before Martyn Duff's deflected strike doubled the advantage two minutes before the break, with Luke Johnson completing victory in the second half.

Wendron United's Senior Cup hopes are over for the second time this season after losing 6-1 at home to Torpoint Athletic.

The Dron, who earned a late reprieve into the fourth round after Callington Town were kicked out of the competition, shaded the first 20 minutes but found themselves four goals down at the break thanks to strikes from Danny Zalick, Gary Hird, Mike Lucas and Lewis Young.

Zalick added a second after the break before TJ Walter pulled one back for Wendron, with substitute Owen Raven completing the rout eight minutes from time.

Mousehole earned a 3-2 win at home to St Austell in the most eagerly-anticipated tie of the round. Scott Imade gave Mousehole, who are third in the SWPL Premier West, an early lead, only for Chris Reski to equalise for St Austell, who sit second in the division.

Gerens James restored the Seagulls' advantage early in the second half before Jack Hooper pulled the Lillywhites level, but Amara Bakayoko sealed victory for the home side in injury-time.

Both teams ended with ten men following a scuffle on the pitch, with James departing for Mousehole and Martin Watts exiting for the visitors, while St Austell boss Chris Knight also saw red.

Millbrook booked their spot in the last eight with a 3-1 win at St Piran League West side St Day. The visitors led at the break before Dan Richards levelled from the spot, but goals from Jake Foster and Josh Toulson secured victory.

Saltash United recovered from a goal down to win 3-1 at Camelford in their fourth round tie. Matt Andrew put the Camels in front, but Chris Menhenick's strike and two goals from Ryan Richards completed the Ashes' come-from-behind win.

St Blazey ran out 4-0 winners at home to East Cornwall Premier League side St Cleer. Callum Kenny, Joe Eke, Carl Rickard and Levi Landricombe scored for the home side.

Elsewhere, Liskeard Athletic saw off the challenge of St Ives Town with a 2-1 win, while Wadebridge Town needed a penalty shootout to get past Combination League side Pendeen Rovers following a goalless draw after extra time.

Helston Athletic are the new leaders of the SWPL Premier West after winning 4-2 at Bodmin Town, earning their 17th consecutive league win in the process.

Bodmin opened the scoring in the 30th minute when Dan Magee teed up Marcello Jones to fire into the bottom corner.

The Blues were back on terms five minutes later after top scorer Mark Goldsworthy was felled in the box, with Billy Tucker converting from the spot.

But the home side edged back in front another five minutes later, with Jason Robertson parrying Harry Clarke's shot into the path of Dan Jennings, who made no mistake with the rebound.

Barely two minutes had elapsed before Steve Massey's side equalised again, with Neil Slateford producing a fine finish from the edge of the box.

Helston then took the lead just three minutes into the second half when Tucker was brought down in the box when rounding goalkeeper Jordan Duffey, with the same man getting up to net from the spot.

Tucker then completed his hat-trick and wrapped up his side's 17th successive league win on the hour, taking advantage of Duffey's fumble and guiding the ball home.

Porthleven slumped to a 3-0 defeat at home to Launceston in what was their first league game at their Gala Parc ground for nearly three months. Andrew Elcock, Marius Pislaru and Denham Guild scored for the Clarets.

Elsewhere, goals from Ryan Lucassi and Tommy Norton earned Callington Town a 2-0 win at home to Penzance, while bottom side Sticker enjoyed an 8-0 thrashing of Godolphin Atlantic.

Penryn Athletic extended their lead at the top of the St Piran League West to seven points following a 4-0 win at home to bottom side Perranwell.

Last season's 40-goal Combination League top scorer Ryan Reeve took his tally for the current season to 11 with two strikes, while Harry Roberts and Jake Shaw also netted for the league leaders.

Penryn were able to extend their lead at the top thanks to second-placed St Ives being in Senior Cup action, while third-placed Falmouth Town reserves lost 2-1 at Illogan RBL. Ciran Budge and Aaron Myers netted for the home side.

Goals from Steve Jenkin, Freddie Williams and Dan Jenkin secured a 3-0 win for Helston Athletic reserves at home to Redruth United.

Elsewhere, goals from Rob Carey, Ben Casley and Jake Lugg sealed a 3-1 win for Mullion at St Agnes, while Hayle thrashed struggling Ludgvan 9-0.

There was no change in the Combination League title race with the top three sides all inactive on Saturday, but fourth-placed Ruan Minor recorded a comprehensive 6-0 win at home to St Agnes reserves.

Gavin Perraton scored a hat-trick for Ruan, with Jack Green, Chris Ensink and Sam McWilliams completing the rout.

St Day reserves remain two points behind them after Matt Wysocki's strike earned them a 1-0 at home to Penryn Athletic reserves.

Helston Athletic thirds moved up to 12th with a 2-0 win at local rivals Wendron United thirds. Louis Bell and Olly Christmas scored for the Blues.

Rosudgeon sealed their place in the Combination League Cup quarter-finals with a 6-4 win at Perranporth reserves after extra time. Ben Fletcher, Joe McMullen, Jordan Burr, Jonty Wheatley and Tom Row (2) netted for Rosudgeon, while Chris Wood and Paul Robertson scored two apiece for the home side.