FIREFIGHTERS were called to a secondary school this morning after receiving reports of a blaze in a boiler flue.

Two appliances were mobilised from Tolvaddon Community Fire Station to Camborne Science and International Academy after Critical Control received a 999 call reporting smoke at 10.37am.

Two flexi-duty station managers also attended and staff at the school were advised to evacuate and await the arrival of crews.

Tolvaddon fire service's facebook page featured this picture and said: "This morning Blue Watch and our on-call colleagues were called to Camborne Science & International Academy. On arrival we were told there was a fire in the extractor fan in the sports hall.

"Through further investigation it was found that there had been a fire, but had burnt itself out. Sorry kids back to lessons!"

The fire had occurred in a motor of an extractor fan.

Two breathing apparatus wearers used a ladder and thermal imaging camera to investigate and look for hotspots.