FOUR people have suffered smoke inhalation following a fire in Redruth this morning.

Firefighters attended Chapel Street just after 4am after receiving a call that alarms were sounding at the residential property.

A fire crew from Tolvaddon Community Fire Station was mobilised and on arrival, found four casualties suffering smoke inhalation following a small fire in a kitchen, which was out.

Crews confirmed no further fire appliances or an officer were required.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the property.

Police and Ambulance were also in attendance.