TRURO City slipped to only their second home league defeat of the season as they fell to a disappointing 0-1 loss to Chesham United, writes Cameron Weldon.

A header from Steve Brown just before half time proved to be enough for the visitors to claim all three points despite Paul Wotton’s men having the majority of the play.

In an eagerly awaited tie between first and third in the Southern League Premier South, Truro were given a huge setback with just 18 minutes on the clock.

After a rather slow start to the encounter, the home side were reduced to ten men after Ryan Dickson saw a straight red card for a late tackle.

Despite having a man less, Truro continued to press and had several half chances. Will Dean found Harlain Mbayo who saw a tame header well saved before on-loan Nottingham Forest man Will Swan took a long ball down but fired just wide of the target.

Ed Palmer then picked out Swan who again was denied by the visiting 'keeper, this time with a header comfortably saved.

The visitors took advantage of the extra man and found the breakthrough with four minutes left of the opening period. Steve Brown found himself unmarked at the back post and the striker managed to squeeze a header past James Hamon to give his side the lead going into the break.

Going into the second period Truro looked for an opening but failed to really create an opportunity that would harm the visitors.

Tyler Harvey was twice the first to react to a loose ball in the area following corners but on both occasions was quickly closed down to prevent the striker get any real shot away.

Dan Rooney dribbled his way past several men and hit a shot low towards the bottom corner but was well saved by the keeper.

Hamon was forced into two stunning saves from free kicks to keep City in the game as the visitors from Buckinghamshire looked to add to their advantage on the counter attack.

Despite piling on a considerably amount of pressure City were unfortunately unable to find an equaliser and slipped to only their fifth league defeat of the campaign.

Truro now have a week to recover before they hit the road again, as they travel to Swindon Supermarine next Saturday. The result means City slip to second and Chesham now lead the way a point clear of the White Tigers.

Truro: Hamon, Thompson, Law (Garside 81), Palmer, Mbayo (Gafaiti 47), Richards (c), Dean, Dickson, D Rooney, Swan (Battle 79), Harvey.

Attendance: 620