LUKE Johnson scored his first goals at Bickland Park as Falmouth Town recorded an emphatic 5-0 win at home to St Blazey in the South West Peninsula League Premier West.

Johnson opened the scoring early on before Luke Brabyn gave the hosts a two-goal lead at the break.

The score remained the same until the 84th minute, when further strikes from Johnson, Martyn Duff and Brabyn put Town well out of sight.

The first chance of the game brought the first goal, with David Broglino's eighth-minute free kick into the box being fired at goal, with the rebound off Brodie Cole's save falling for Johnson to smash in from close range for his first goal at Bickland Park.

St Blazey responded well with a couple of half chances. Jordan Walton drove a shot wide of Ryan Barnes' goal from 30+ yards, before the 'keeper had to race out and claim a cross before Jack Alexander could get there.

Callum McGhee was proving a handful and he drove a wonderful shot past Barnes from 12 yards midway through the half, but the whistle had already gone before he took aim.

Town forced a second shot of the half on 32 minutes as Brabyn laid the ball off to Martyn Duff for a shot on the edge of the box, but his low effort was comfortably held by Brodie Cole.

Their third shot saw them double their advantage ten minutes before half time. Brabyn timed his run well to meet a long ball over the top, before rounding Cole and firing past the last defender and into the net.

The visitors looked to get on the front foot after the break, with Jordan Hogan striding down the right and sending a dangerous cross into the box, but James Ward headed clear before McGhee could convert.

Town soon took control of the game and thought they had a third when Ward headed against the crossbar from a corner before Will Harding tucked in the rebound, but the referee's whistle had already gone.

Town were asking all the questions as Broglino's cross was hooked to Brabyn by Duff, but the forward's shot was blocked.

Alexander had the visitors' first effort of the half soon after, drawing a good save from Barnes.

That was the last action before play was briefly suspended midway through the half when a green flare had been set off amongst the crowd, with the offender eventually being removed from the ground.

Falmouth continued to dominate after play continued but had to wait until the 84th minute to secure the points, with Brabyn sprinting clear and crossing to Johnson, who rounded Cole and rolled the ball home.

The hosts were celebrating again barely two minutes later as Brabyn and Duff both beat the offside trap and bore down on Cole, with Duff taking it around the 'keeper and dribbling to the line before smashing the ball into the roof of the net.

Town were starting to run riot and had several chances to add a fifth, with Luke Barner forcing a save from Cole before Brabyn did the same, with substitute Sam Bromley's follow-up effort being blocked.

The fifth goal finally came with the last action of the match in the sixth minute of additional time. After setting up the last two it was Brabyn's turn to net, once again beating the defence for pace and dinking the ball past the 'keeper.

Falmouth: R Barnes, L Barner, O Moody, S Kellow (H McMellon 90), J Cooper, J Ward, W Harding (T Nixon 60), D Broglino, L Brabyn, M Duff, L Johnson (S Bromley 85). Subs (unused): A Westgarth.

St Blazey: B Cole, J Powell, J Walton, J Willmott, L Vooght, M Thackeray, J Eke, H Eaton, J Alexander, C McGhee, J Hogan. Subs: C Kenny, C Rickard, R Card, M Edwards.