PORTHLEVEN surrendered a two-goal half-time lead to draw 2-2 at Newquay in the South West Peninsula League Premier West.

The Fishermen had goalkeeper Martyn Webster to thank for saving a 26th-minute penalty, with Jason Roberts being sent to the sin bin for the visitors.

But the ten men soon opened the scoring when Newquay goalkeeper Dan Peters’ clearance struck Dan Stidwell and flew into the net, before debutant Joe Wright doubled the advantage from the penalty spot before the break, with Newquay having their own man sent to the sin bin.

Dan Richardson became the second Port player, and third overall, to be sent to the sidelines for ten minutes shortly before the break, with the hosts using their numerical advantage to halve the deficit early in the second half through Jack Bray-Evans.

Phil Lowry was then on hand to rescue a point with five minutes to go, but Porthleven could still have taken all three when they were given a penalty late on, but Richardson saw his kick saved by Peters.

Luke Johnson scored his first goals at Bickland Park as Falmouth Town recorded an emphatic 5-0 win at home to St Blazey.

Johnson opened the scoring early on before Luke Brabyn gave the hosts a two-goal lead at the break.

The score remained the same until the 84th minute, when further strikes from Johnson, Martyn Duff and Brabyn put Town well out of sight.

READ MORE: Luke breaks Bickland Park duck as Town put five past St Blazey

St Austell remain two points behind leaders Helston Athletic after they came from behind to win 2-1 at Bodmin Town.

Dan Jennings put Bodmin in front early in the second half before Mason Hughes levelled for the Lillywhites. Martin Giles headed in the winner for St Austell but was sent off late on.

Sam Hughes scored four goals as Saltash United won 8-2 at home to Wadebridge Town. David Barker scored two, with Ryan Richards and Callum O’Brien completing the rout.

St Dennis moved off the bottom of the table with a 3-1 win at home to Launceston. Mikey Davies, Mike Brewer and Martin Sleeman netted for the Saints.

Elsewhere, Dobwalls won 4-2 at home to Callington Town, Dylan Peel scored the only goal as Liskeard Athletic won at home to Godolphin Atlantic and a last-gasp goal secured a 1-0 win for Sticker at Penzance.

A superb strike from Phil Cattran sent Helston Athletic on their way to their 20th consecutive SWPL Premier West victory, winning 1-0 at Mousehole on Friday night.

Cattran's superb dipping effort from distance in the 18th minute proved to be the difference as Helston briefly moved five points clear at the top of the division and 13 clear of the third-placed Seagulls.

READ MORE: Cattran's superb strike ensures 20th consecutive win for Blues

Penryn Athletic maintained their seven-point advantage over St Ives Town at the top of the St Piran League West table after a 4-1 win at Helston Athletic reserves.

Jack Rapsey opened the scoring after four minutes with a fine lob, before Ryan Reeve doubled the lead with a header in the 26th minute.

Jake Yates halved the deficit for the Blues five minutes later when he tucked home a cross inside the box, but Lewis Pellow restored the two-goal cushion with a header at the back post after the break, before Reeve completed the scoring shortly after.

St Ives Town stayed in touch at the top with a 3-1 win at St Agnes. David Booles scored twice and Ross Duncan added a third.

Wendron United reserves ended their nine-game winless run in style with a 5-2 victory at home to St Day. Kian Thomas and Max Bowden scored two goals apiece, with Will Paul bagging the fifth.

Illogan RBL moved level on points with third-placed Perranporth after winning 5-2 at bottom side Perranwell. Matthew Lane and Matthew Rose replied for the Well.

Mullion are also level with Illogan and Perranporth after goals from Ben Casley and Jack Sherlock sealed a 2-1 win at Redruth United.

Mousehole reserves lost 4-2 at home to Morwenstow in the Kernow Stone League Cup third round.

Pendeen Rovers took the spoils in the top-of-the-table clash at Porthleven reserves in the Combination League, with Alex Ralph and Glen Carew sealing a 2-1 win at Gala Parc. Wade Brown replied for Port, who stay third.

Hayle reserves lost ground on Pendeen after they lost 2-1 at Ruan Minor. Jowan Shainberg scored twice for the home side while an own goal provided Hayle’s sole score.

Dagan Vaughan-Spruce and Jared Lawrence scored as Lizard Argyle closed the gap on fifth-placed St Day reserves with a 2-0 win at the Saints.

Penryn Athletic reserves picked up their first league win since September with a 5-2 victory at home to St Agnes reserves. Kyle Cooke scored a hat-trick for Athletic, with Kristan Martin and Charlie Edney also scoring, while Simon Lynden and Curtis Pay netted for the Aggie.

Sam Owen scored a hat-trick as Rosudgeon won 7-3 at home to Perranporth reserves. Joe McMullen scored two, while Jordan Burr and Toby Angwin completed the rout.

RNAS Culdrose won 3-1 at home to Helston Athletic thirds. Joe Paterson, Ricky Shilvock and Fabian Verrilli scored for the Airmen while Louis Bell netted for the Blues.

Guill McIvor scored twice as Wendron United thirds moved above Marazion with a 2-0 win at the west Cornwall side.