MARK Goldsworthy scored the winner for Helston Athletic on his return to St Austell as the Blues ran out 2-0 winners at Poltair Park.

The first half ended goalless but only after Billy Tucker had a penalty saved on the half-hour, with Lillywhites 'keeper Jason Chapman saving the kick.

But Goldsworthy, who left the Lillywhites for Helston last summer, fired his side in front early in the second half, before Tucker teed up Matt Bye to make the game – and Helston’s 21st consecutive league win – safe in stoppage time.

Helston are now five points clear of St Austell at the top of the South West Peninsula League Premier West table.

Saltash United remain 11 points behind Helston with three games in hand following a 5-0 win at Wendron United, scoring their 100th league goal of the season in the process.

Ryan Richards opened the scoring on 12 minutes before Sam Hughes doubled the advantage midway through the half.

Richards scored the landmark 100th goal on the half-hour, before Hughes added two more after the break to complete his hat-trick.

Luke Johnson continued his purple patch in front of goal as Falmouth Town won 3-2 at Camelford.

Johnson netted his fourth goal in three games after quarter of an hour, with Luke Barner and Martyn Duff combining for the former to tee up Johnson, who fired past Luke Gwillam from ten yards.

But the Camels were instantly back on terms, with Kian Burns running through the middle from kick-off and blasting a shot past Ryan Barnes from the edge of the box.

Town restored their lead in the 29th minute with Ryan Chinn enjoying a scoring return from his three-game suspension, hammering a first-time shot in from 20 yards to bag his first goal for the first team.

The goal evoked memories of Scott Kellow’s stunner against Penzance two weeks ago, and it was Kellow who made it three less than two minutes later with another long-range effort, collecting a pass and driving it past Gwillam from the edge of the box.

Ed Harrison halved the deficit from the spot in the 76th minute after Joe Cooper was adjudged to have fouled the advancing Burns in the box, but it was not enough to prevent Town from winning their eighth game from their last nine.

Joe Wright's late penalty secured Porthleven's first home win since August 31 with victory over ten-man Callington Town.

Callington led through Lee Robinson's header but Dan Richardson's free kick ensured Port went into half time level, with Cally having Ryan Lucassi sent off moments before the goal.

Port struggled to make their extra man count but Wright finally scored the winner from the spot in the 79th minute to end the hosts' three-and-a-half month wait for a victory.

READ MORE: Joe's spot-kick ends Port's three-month wait for win

Tallan Mitchell and Hayden Turner scored two goals each as Mousehole enjoyed an 8-0 win at home to Sticker. Rheiss McClean, Amara Bakayoko and an own goal provided the Seagulls’ other strikes.

Tom Whipp and Nathan Summers scored as Bodmin Town won 2-0 at home to St Blazey, while Ash Bradshaw and Jacob Grange netted as Newquay won by the same score at St Dennis.

Tom Ellacott scored twice as Launceston won 2-1 at Wadebridge Town, while Dobwalls won 4-1 at home to Godolphin Atlantic.

Reggie May scored a hat-trick as St Piran League West leaders Penryn Athletic won 9-0 at home to St Agnes.

Harry Roberts and Bradley Leivers scored two goals apiece, with a goal from each of Jack Rapsey and Ryan Reeve completing the rout.

St Ives Town maintained the seven-point gap from Penryn with a 4-0 win at home to Perranwell. Ross Duncan scored twice, with Maxwell Clymo and Matt Spencer-Smith netting the others.

Perranporth lost further ground on the leaders after they lost 4-2 at home to Hayle.

St Day move up to seventh after winning 4-2 at home to Wendron United reserves. Sam Fuller scored one of Wendron's goals.

Freddie Williams scored twice as Helston Athletic drew 2-2 at home to Mousehole reserves.

Falmouth Town reserves won 4-1 at home to Morwenstow to progress to the Kernow Stone League Cup quarter-finals. Samuel Hockin scored Morwenstow's consolation.

Wade Brown scored a hat-trick as Porthleven reserves closed the gap on Combination League leaders Pendeen Rovers with a 4-0 win at Marazion in one of only two games in the division. Lewis Hemsley scored the other goal.

Ruan Minor won 3-0 at home to Lizard Argyle. Josh Wilson-Home scored twice and Chris Ensink scored the other.