Two people were escorted from a building after firefighters were called to reports of smoke coming from it.

Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said it was called to Dudnance Lane, Pool, shortly after 5.30am on Sunday.

A spokesperson for the service said: "At 5.38am Critical Control received a call from Devon and Cornwall Police stating that there was smoke issuing from a derelict building.

"Three fire appliances and an officer were mobilised to the incident - two appliances from Tolvaddon Community Fire Station and an appliance from Hayle Emergency Services Community Station.

"On arrival firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using a hosereel entered the building.

"There was a brazier alight within the building with two persons asleep, who were escorted to safety by firefighters."