IT has been a busy week for Falmouth Coastguard Rescue Team, with the crew attending three incidents in the past few days.

The first call came early, at 12.55am last Sunday, when both the inshore lifeboat and the larger all-weather lifeboat shortly afterwards were launched to reports of shouts for help being heard from Penryn River, near Greenbank.

The inshore lifeboat soon found the casualty on a pontoon, having been helped from the water by a member of the public.

An RNLI spokesperson said: "The casualty had fallen into the water from a tender and luckily several people heard their calls for help, with one member of the public launching a paddle board to help them from the water to a nearby pontoon.

"Once on scene, two volunteer crew were placed on the pontoon to provide casualty care."

The casualty was transferred across the water and taken to the Prince of Wales Pier and into the care of waiting ambulance paramedics. They were then taken to hospital while the rescuer was taken home.

A further update from the coastguards on Sunday morning (July 26) has revealed that the casualty had capsized his tender while returning to his vessel from Flushing.

They also praised the rescuer, adding that there would have "almost certainly" been a very different outcome had it not been for their quick thinking.

READ MORE: Penryn River rescue in busy Sunday for Falmouth lifeboat

The crew was back in action on Thursday afternoon to attend another incident at Penryn River, where a family had got their hire boat stuck in the mud.

The team had been called out to a job at the marina where a woman had fallen, but with the ambulance service handling the situation, the coastguards were immediately re-tasked to what was unfolding in Penryn.

The family of four had hired the boat for a gentle sail on the river, only to misjudge the tides, with the coastguards using rescue ropes and an inflatable dinghy to bring the family back to the shore.

READ MORE: Family trapped on hire boat rescued in Penryn after getting stuck in mud

The coastguards were also called to a reports of a man and dog trapped in a gully at 2.50pm on Saturday afternoon.

Falmouth Lifeboat was also tasked to assist at the incident, which took place near Trefusis Point in Flushing, with an off-duty paramedic also offering her assistance if required.

On arrival, the man and dog had rescued themselves and were safe on the footpath at Trefusis, so all units stood down and returned to base.