THREE goals in five second-half minutes ensured a come-from-behind victory for Falmouth Town in their local derby at Porthleven on Wednesday night.

Porthleven sped out of the blocks and took the lead inside two minutes when Max Roberts headed in from Kyle Fraser’s corner.

The hosts held on to their lead until the 58th minute when Luke Brabyn fired in from Luke Barner's pass, before Tim Nixon nodded in a minute later to turn the match on its head.

Town made full use of their purple patch to fire in a third only another three minutes later, with Luke Barner lashing a shot past Martyn Webster in from ten yards.

The result sees Town move up to seventh in the fledgling league table, while Porthleven remain 19th and without a point from their four games.

IN PICTURES: 28 photos from Town's victory at Porthleven

Both sides were looking for improved performances after disappointing results at the weekend, and it was Porthleven who got the immediate reaction as they took the lead inside two minutes.

Kyle Fraser swung in a corner that just eluded the grasp of Town ‘keeper Ryan Barnes, with right-back Roberts on hand to power in a header from six yards.

Fraser had a couple of half-chances of his own as Port looked to double their lead, but Town slowly got a foothold in the game, with Barner thwarted by a superbly timed challenge from Hugh Howlett when through on goal.

Falmouth Packet:

Fraser was Port’s most likely outlet and he showed his quality when he nicked the ball off Town’s returning defender James Ward on halfway and enjoyed a mazy dribble towards goal, although he was unable to pick out a teammate with his byline cross.

Roberts headed wide from Jamie Thomson’s free kick late in the half before Town missed a huge chance to level with the final action of the first 45 minutes. A lovely one-touch move set Barner through on goal, but he lifted his shot above both the advancing Webster and the crossbar.

AS IT HAPPENED: Porthleven 1-3 Falmouth Town

Town moved up a gear after the break and David Broglino twice came close with trademark strikes from distance, seeing the first curling effort well saved by Webster before the second flew narrowly wide.

The visitors’ increasing pressure finally told in sensational style with a triple-salvo inside a devastating five-minute spell. The equaliser came on 58 minutes as a fine move involving Kirk Davies and Tom Annear saw Barner cut back for Brabyn to slot in from ten yards.

There was barely time to breathe before Town were at it again roughly 60 seconds later, with Tim Nixon the scorer this time when he nodded in the rebound after Webster blocked Broglino’s effort.

Falmouth Packet:

Port’s five-minute misery was complete shortly after when Annear's free kick was blocked in the box and fell for Barner to drive the ball into the net from ten yards.

The initial task for Port was to weather the storm and they had Webster to thank for pulling off a marvellous save to prevent a fourth soon after, before also denying Brabyn and substitute TJ Walter with separate efforts.

Town’s onslaught continued as the game entered the final few minutes, with Webster saving from Brabyn before Ward had a header cleared off the line.

Nixon then managed to knock Annear’s ball past Webster from just inside the box but Howlett was able to clear for a corner, from which Toby Clark saw his fierce strike at goal blocked by the ‘keeper.

Fishermen substitute Dan Quirke spurned a big chance to pull one back late on when he beat the offside trap but saw his shot saved well by Ryan Barnes, before Webster made another stop to deny Town substitute Jack Webber in the closing stages.

Porthleven: M Webster, M Roberts, M Laithwaite, J Thomson (D Quirke 72), H Howlett, J Harrison, I Dryburgh, G Mills (M Dawson 86), S Leslie, C Young (G Molcher 86), K Fraser. Subs (unused): B Edwards.

Falmouth: R Barnes, K Davies, T Annear, S Kellow, T Clark, J Ward, L Barner (T Walter 67), M Duff (R Martt 72), L Brabyn, D Broglino, T Nixon (J Webber 86). Subs (unused): O Moody.