A DOG was rescued from a house fire this morning and reunited with its relieved owner.

Firefighters from Tolvaddon, Perranporth and Hayle were called to Agar Road, Illogan Highway at 8:30am this morning to a mid-terrace house which had smoke billowing from it. There were reports that people were inside.

Another appliance from Falmouth was called to the two storey house and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose to put out the fire which had started in the kitchen. Everybody was accounted for and the crew rescued the dog and reunited it with it owner who had returned. The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.

Read next:

Firefighters tackling shipping container fire

A spokesperson for Cornwall Fire and Rescue centre said: "On receipt of this call appliances from Tolvaddon, Perranporth and Hayle were mobilised, on arrival the crew stated that persons were reported and smoke was issuing, a further appliance from Falmouth was mobilised and two officers attended.

"The fire involved a mid terrace house of two storeys, firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used high pressure hosereel jets to extinguish a fire in the kitchen, all persons were accounted for, the crew successfully rescued a dog from the property who was reunited with his owner who had returned to the property. The cause was accidental.