Porthleven first team coach Jamie Webb hailed the all-round performance of his side as the Fishermen showed great tenacity and character to defeat Truro City Reserves to win the St Piran League Cup 2-1 with a late Martyn Webster penalty.

Port had taken the lead in the sixth minute after Truro's goalkeeper Morgan Coxhead fumbled a free kick into his own goal.

The White Tigers responded well after the break and scored a well taken response from Harry Phillips after good work down the right wing by Josh Turner.

Port weathered wave after wave of Truro attacks in the second half but eventually would have their moment to win it after substitute Webster was bundled over by Coxhead in the penalty area with just two minutes of the 90 remaining.

Webster picked himself up, dusted himself down before blasting the spot kick into the roof off the goal to hand Port the trophy.

You can read the full match report of the final here.

Analysing the match, Webb said:"It was a great start from us, we started very very quick then I think we then got a bit relaxed maybe I don't know. It did drift a little bit especially when they scored. They probably had 15 minutes of possession where they didn't threaten too much.

"When they had a lot of the ball it is obviously worrying because you don't know what they are going to do with it with them being a very skilful team. But it is always good to end it with a goal in the dying minutes, there is nothing as good as that.

"We were discussing it after the game how much our boys ran. A lot of times we don't play like that, we hit the ball long on several occasions so we were doing so much running backward and forwards. We needed one of those dials that tells you how much we had been running because I bet we put some miles in!

"It showed what they do for each other, the heart and desire. They just work and work and work. Our centre back was carrying an injury for 60 minutes but was still out there fighting for the boys, limping about at times. But what a great bunch of lads they are, they just wanting to play football and of course win!"

Taking a penalty is always a nerve wrenching moment, but to step up to the task in the 88th minute of a cup final showed real bottle from Porthleven's Webster, but despite the late circumstances Webb insisted he knew that the super sub was going to bury his effort into the back of the net: "There wasn't a doubt in my mind when he took the ball." Webb said confidently. "I knew he was going to kick the leather off it! I don't think even if the goalie got his hand to it he wouldn't have stopped it the way he put his foot through it.

"He scores screamers and his celebration was fantastic too. Even after the game had look about there was people on the pitch, and it was so nice to see. There is a real togetherness, its really good to be part of. Porthleven is a great club, all clubs have their ups and downs, we seem to be coming together off and on the pitch and I love being part of it."