FALMOUTH Town welcomed Southern League Premier South side Plymouth Parkway to Bickland Park in the first of its pre-season friendlies on Saturday, July 15.

Town got off to a promising start with an attempt from Luke Brabyn from 20 yards was well held by the Parkway goalkeeper.

The promising opening was quickly thwarted by Parkway after a strong run from Ryan Lane saw the defender’s cross met by Adam Carter who poked it home to give the visitors the lead.

Parkway almost doubled their lead after 15 minutes with Adam Carter threatening again. Fortunately for Town, his effort rolled wide before the flag went up for offside.

Falmouth almost snatched themselves a leveller moments later as Alex Wharton raced down the left-hand side but his low cross found no-one.  The ball eventually came to Jacob Grange who fired his effort over the bar.

Town kept the attacking momentum up with forward Luke Barner’s attempt on goal went over before the offside flag was raised.  

Parkway’s man between the sticks was kept busy on the half-hour mark as Luke Brabyn layed the ball off to Barner inside the keeper’s area before his first-time effort was batted away by Cory Harvey from point-blank range.

Harvey kept the visitors in front as Bradley Leivers’ header was tipped away and Alex Wharton fired an effort straight at him.

After the pressure from Town, it was Parkway’s turn and, on 39 minutes Trialist B reacted quickest to a deflected and beats the Falmouth keeper with an effort that goes in off the far post.

Parkway had the chance to extend their lead just before half-time but the attempt ends up the wrong side of the post.

The visitors went in ahead at the break after a competitive first half and a number of good chances for both team.

Falmouth Packet: The visitors went in ahead at the breakThe visitors went in ahead at the break (Image: Cornwall Sports Media)

Town substitutions saw James Swan replace James Ward.

A few minutes in and Jacob Grange went on a run into the opposition’s box but was dispossessed just as he prepared to pull the trigger. Five minutes later, another Town chance went begging as Luke Brabyn skipped down the left flank before pulling it back for Wharton who skewed his effort well wide.

A flurry of substitutions from Falmouth saw Jayden Gilbert, Cam Hutchison, and Kian Thomas replace Luke Brabyn, Jared Sims, and Jacob Grange.

Parkway almost grabbed themselves a third on 62 minutes but Andreas Calleja-Stayne, now playing at centre-half, cleared it off the line. Falmouth introduced more substitutions as Olly Pickup replaced Alex Wharton, with Tom Fisher replacing Jack Webber minutes later.

On 70 minutes, Cory Harvey went into the referee’s book for a last-man challenge on Barner as he looked to go round the Parkway keeper. However, the resulting Tom Annear free-kick is sent into side netting.

Parkway then switched their keepers with Sidey replacing Harvey

Several more efforts from the visitors keep Town on their toes before a third goal is eventually found. Dylan Jones was threaded through by Crago before he rounds the keeper and slots the ball home.

In the dying minutes, Town tried their luck with an effort from Thomas but his effort is wayward. Plummer then attempts the spectacular with an effort from 20-yards out but the strike is tipped away from the top corner.

The final whistle is blown and the visitors walk away with a 3-0 win.

Falmouth Town’s next fixture will see them take on Truro City FC on Tuesday, 18 July.