ON a damp and wet playing field, this game would be played with great heart by Redruth Albany who would ultimately fall on their own sword, writes Gupta Singh.

Falmouth started well with captain Tug Wilson at fly-half kicking into the corners to pin Albany into their own half. 

The first try was scored following a quick tap penalty carried forward by prop Harry Martin. The ball was recycled quickly for Robbie Dendle playing at flank to score his first-ever Eagles try in the corner. The conversion, however, was missed.

A second soon came, following a well-placed cross-field kick by Tug which was well-gathered by James Horton who then offloaded to Bryn Owen on the wing, to score in the corner. Again, the conversion was missed.

The Eagles were now in full control with the like of Tom Vincent at eight running rampantly. with a third try coming from an Albany knock-on which was gleefully scooped upon by full back Greg Pooley to score in the corner. Step up Scott Dunstan from the second row, who has never kicked for Falmouth to show the backs how easily it can be done, majestically swinging the ball aloft between the uprights. 0 - 17.

A fourth try came for James Horton playing at centre, following good hands by the back line to score another out wide. Step up Scotty. 0 - 24.

Tug Wilson failed to make touch from a penalty 5 metres out from his own line, but chased down the mistake with Bryn Owen, who then smashed his opposite winger, dislodging the ball for Tug to race 50 metres like a graceful gazelle to score in the corner. Conversion missed. 0 - 29 at half time.

The second half was much the same with Falmouth in control. From the kick off new signing Alex Lowndes at scrum-half collected the restart, beating a few defenders and off loading to James Horton who sprinted in for his brace. Scotty slotting the extras from out wide. 0 - 36.

Albany who desperately wanted to get some score on the board, missed a penalty for the posts which fell just short, and with the Eagles in high spirits, they put the ball through the hands to find James Horton in for his hat-trick. Conversion missed 0 - 41.

The eighth try came from Phil Morgan who received a welcome late call up to the starting XV after full back Ollie Evans was redrafted to the Eagles 1XV home game moments before kick off. Phil capitalising on a knock on in the middle of the park and then running in unopposed under the sticks, which Scotty easily slotted. 0 - 48.

The ninth try was scored by Greg Pooley to secure his brace following a kick up field that Harvey Martin had regained and then passed to Tybion to set up Pooley. Scotty converted. 0 - 55.

Try ten came from a 5m scrum with the ball finding Greg Pooley in the centre who powered over to secure his hat-trick. Conversion missed. 0 - 60.

The final try for the Eagles resulted from great team play from their own twenty two running it from deep through the hands to find Bryn Owen who went in for his second. Converted by Scotty.

Final score 0 - 67 with Albany defending till the death and having put in the harder hits. Next Saturday the Eagles 2Xv welcome Launceston to the Recreation Ground for a 14:30 Kick Off in the league.