FALMOUTH TOWN 0 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE 'A' 4 Falmouth tOWN, after a spirited first half display, crumbled in the second half conceding three more goals to give this Carlsberg SWL scoreline a slightly flattering look.

Town were without two influential players - Fergus Nevin and Andy Bowker and called up Andy Westgarth and Darren Friend from the second team. Falmouth boy Toby Davis started up front for the visitors.

The visitors got off to an ideal start, scoring inside the first minute. Mark Petnehazi's cross wasn't properly cleared and Davis was on hand to volley home from eight yards.

Town could have equalised straight away, but Carlton Farnham's shot deflected off Mike Roberts and in the end it was comfortable for Josh Clapham in the Argyle goal.

Clapham's opposite number Joe Tickle was also busy and he made a great save to deny Karl Byrne from the edge of the box. The follow up shot was also well saved but at the expense of a corner, which was cleared.

The visitors could have increased their lead several times, but two glancing headers - one on either side -marginally went the wrong side of the post.

In the 40th minute Lee Blatchford challenged for a loose ball and ended up in an accidental collision with Clapham. The young Argyle boys, acting like their professional counterparts berated Blatchford and it seemed their "persuasive" way with the referee worked as last week's hero for Town was booked.

Steve Burt was unlucky when his 12-yard shot bounced just wide of the upright at the end of the first half.

Two minutes into the second period Carlton Farnham was unlucky when his run and angled shot was parried by Clapham and had Bowker been playing, he would surely have been in that predatory position to unleash a rocket shot into the net. Not on this occasion, however, as Town had no one on hand to get a touch and the ball ended up being cleared.

After an hour, Burt picked up a knock and was replaced by Darren Friend who was making his first team debut.

Two minutes later Argyle scored their second - and it was a great goal. After being awarded a free kick on the edge of the box, Petnehazi delicately flicked the ball over the bemused four man wall and substitute Anthony Mason, who replaced Davis at half time, sneaked in behind to volley home and give Tickle no chance.

From the kick off Town pressed forward and it what looked to be no more than a 50-50 ball, Farnham was booked for a foul; just one piece of a lot of fussy refereeing that spoiled the game.

In the 68th minute, a poor clearance from Tickle fell straight to Tom King who lobbed the ball back towards the open goal, but Wayne Brown made it back before the ball and he headed it off the line.

A break forward for Town was rewarded with a corner. Friend's kick was punched clear as far as Farnham but Clapham recovered in time to catch the ball on the line.

In the 70th minute, Scott Rogers replaced Darren Burchell.

Eight minutes later, both teams made a change. Town brought Andy Westgarth on for Peter Davey and Argyle introduced Ben Joyce to replace Petnehazi.

Within two minutes of coming on, Joyce had increased the score to 0-3. He latched onto a loose ball before lobbing the ball home from distance.

Karl Byrne tried his luck from distance late on but Tickle made a good save by tipping it around the post.

Two minutes into injury time, a low cross from Joyce saw Mason slide the ball home from close range to complete the scoring.

Town have another tough task non Saturday when they visit Bodmin Town.

Town: J. Tickle, W. Brown, L. Blatchford, W. Hewitt, P. Davey (A. Westgarth), L. Beer, D. Burchell (S. Rogers), S. Burt (D. Friend), M. Roberts, D. McGhee, C. Farnham.