Godolphin 3, Falmouth Town 3

FALMOUTH led three times in Newquay last night before having to settle for a draw in conditions more suited to January than August in the SWPL Premier.

Following their 7-0 defeat at home to Tavistock on Saturday, this was a welcome point for Town, who probably felt a little aggrieved that they could not hang on to all three points.

David Broglino gave them an early lead before Godolphin equalised midway through the half.

A lovely cross from Luke Brabyn set up Harry Clarke to head Falmouth into the lead just after half an hour, before the hosts levelled again on the hour mark.

Jordan Annear restored Falmouth's lead once again with a cool finish but Godolphin still had time to muster another equaliser.

Wendron recovered from a 7-1 thrashing on Saturday to produce an excellent 2-1 victory at Illogan thanks to new signings TJ Walter and Scott Palmer.

Porthleven had a thrilling 3-3 home draw with Mousehole.

They fell behind early on before Luke Johnson was sent off for the visitors just before the break.

Port equalised but fell behind again, before scoring twice to lead 3-2. Mousehole grabbed a late equaliser to earn a share of the spoils.

Helston Athletic's SWPL Premier season started in disappointing fashion with a 5-1 defeat at Newquay on Tuesday night.

Penryn Athletic were reduced to nine men in an incident-packed Combination League match at home to Hayle on Tuesday.

In injury time equaliser for Hayle denied the hosts a remarkable win, with the two sides sharing six goals in an eventful encounter.

The hosts played nearly the entire second half with nine men after Ryan Reeve and Ben Allen were sent off, but they took an unlikely lead before Hayle equalised in the dying moments.

Penryn took the lead in the 14th minute through Reeve, who was then shown a straight red card on the half-hour mark for a late tackle on one of Hayle’s defenders.

Hayle made their numerical advantage count seven minutes later, when striker Cameron Irish levelled from the penalty spot after Penryn captain Russell May handled in the box.

Irish put the visitors in front on the stroke of half time and things turned from bad to worse for Penryn four minutes after the break, when referee Andrew McKnight showed Ben Allen two yellow cards for dissent within 30 seconds of each other.

Despite having two fewer players, Penryn forced an equaliser with a penalty of their own. Liam Jarvis was felled in the area, and Will Harding tucked the resultant kick away.

Remarkably, the nine men regained the lead on 70 minutes, courtesy of another penalty. Harding was sent tumbling this time, before he stepped up to fire into the top corner.

In injury-time Kian Hooper headed in a free-kick to break Penryn hearts.

Midweek results

SWPL Premier

Bodmin 1, Ivybridge 1

Camelford 1, Launceston 6

Exmouth 2, Saltash 4

Godolphin 3, Falmouth Town 3

Cullompton 0, Plymouth Pk 6

Newquay 5, Helston 1

Stoke Gabriel 1, Plymouth Arg 4

Torpoint 0, St Austell 2

Division 1 West

Holsworthy 2, Plymstock Utd 2

Illogan 1, Wendron Utd 2

Liskeard 4, St Blazey 3

Penzance 0, Ludgvan 2

Porthleven 3, Mousehole 3

St Dennis 0, Wadebridge 4

Dobwalls 1, Millbrook 2

Combination League

Carharrack 3, Perranwell 1

Falmouth Res 1, St Day 0

Helston Ath 4, Mullion 3

Perranporth 3, Goonhavern 2

Pendeen 8, Porthleven Res 3

Penryn Ath 3, Hayle 3

Redruth Utd 1, St Agnes 4

St Ives 1, St Just 0

West Cornwall 0, Illogan 1