OLLY WALKER scored twice as Falmouth Town brushed aside Camelford at Bickland Park last night, ending a three-game winless run in the process.

The hosts cruised to a comfortable 4-1 victory with James Ward and David Broglino scoring Town’s other two goals. Bobby Hopkinson scored an injury-time consolation for Camelford.

Rob Wearne was one of three changes to the team that drew at Launceston on Saturday, and he should have put Town ahead in the third minute, but sent his shot over the bar.

Falmouth broke the deadlock ten minutes later when Broglino’s corner met Ward at the far-post, who powered a header past visiting goalkeeper Luke Gwillam.

Town were dominating and had numerous chances to increase their lead, with Walker, Broglino and Jack Webber all coming close.

Camelford grew into the game as the half progressed and twice threatened to equalise, with Ryan Barnes first saving Josh Insley’s header before stopping Bobby Hopkinson’s powerful free-kick.

But they were dealt a massive blow just before half-time as Town doubled their lead when Wearne superbly headed Walker’s cross towards Broglino who nodded home at the far post.

Town pressed for a killer third goal early in the second half. Ward sent a header inches wide from another Broglino corner before Jordan Annear came close to converting Walker’s cross.

It didn’t take long for it to come, with Walker meeting a long ball forward before slotting past his Cornwall U18 team-mate Gwillam in the 50th minute.

Town saved the best goal for last when Walker curled the ball into the top corner from the edge of the box in the 61st minute following a good run by Annear.

However their hopes of a clean sheet were dashed in injury-time when Hopkinson’s free-kick sailed straight into the net from distance.

Falmouth: R Barnes (c), D Blizzard, O Moody (J Cooper 39), T Annear, J Ward, J Webber, O Walker, D Broglino (R Martt 61), R Wearne, J Annear (L Brabyn 72), H Clarke.

Falmouth’s next match is a trip to Callington Town on Saturday 18th November.

Helston surrendered a 2-0 lead at Sticker on Tuesday night in a game that could have gone either way.

Barrie Wyatt made two brilliant saves as the home side made a bright start, before Matt Buchan's deflected shot gave the Blues the lead on the half hour mark.

Five minutes later it was 2-0 when Kirk Davies made a fine break down the right and found Dan Stidwell who cut in and unleashed a superb left shot into the top corner.

Sticker roared back into the match in the second half, when Jack Bowyer tucked away a penalty after Tom Smith had brought him down in the area.

Frank McAvoy then curled in a delightful shot to match Stidwell's first half effort to draw the scores level.

Helston camped in Sticker territory for the final 15 minutes but despite several goalmouth scrambles, they were unable to find a winner.

Helston: B Wyatt, K Davies, J Shainberg, H Howlett, T Smith, J Thomson, T Oliver, K Marks, P Cattran, M Buchan, D Stidwell. Subs: J Thirkle, S Young, F Conway, G Mills, S Jenkin.