Falmouth Town 6, Camelford 0

Falmouth Town strolled to a comfortable six-goal win over ten-man Camelford in the SWPL Premier at Bickland Park on Wednesday night.

Town were ahead inside ten minutes thanks to David Broglino, before Jordan Annear and Tim Nixon put the hosts 3-0 up at half-time.

Mike Kempthorne saw red for the Camels just before the break, with Town pressing home their man advantage with further goals from Tom Annear, James Ward and Nixon.

Town have now scored 28 goals in their last four games, after consecutive 5-0 wins against Godolphin Atlantic and Sticker last week before Saturday's 12-1 Senior Cup win at Looe.

The home side went ahead on nine minutes thanks to Broglino, who took a touch before firing a dipping shot into the bottom corner from 25 yards.

Town were almost two up four minutes later when Nixon hit the crossbar, but Jordan Annear did double the lead in the 25th minute with Broglino turning provider and crossing for the striker to head into the corner.

Annear then struck the post before Camelford almost grabbed a goal back completely against the run of play with Ryan Barnes needing to produce an excellent reaction save to deny Harry Wilshaw from six yards.

Falmouth captain Joe Cooper was then called upon to thwart Scott Sandell with a super sliding tackle as the visitors looked to finally impose themselves on the game.

But it was all but game over on the stroke of half-time as Town made use of an advantage to allow Nixon to slot under Camels' keeper Luke Gwillam, with Kempthorne picking up a second yellow for the original foul in the build-up.

Tom Annear made it four on 48 minutes when he guided Broglino's corner past Gwillam at the near post, with the goal prompting all three subs with Saturday'a FA Vase clash at Bridport in mind.

One of those subs was Ryan Martt, who was inches away from making it 5-0 at the near post from fellow replacement Matt Buchan's low cross.

The third sub was Ward who did get the fifth when he headed Tom Annear's free-kick into the top corner on 76 minutes.

Andy Boxhall gave Camelford some light relief from defensive work in the 80th minute, forcing Barnes into diving backwards to tip his effort over his crossbar.

But Town went up the other end a minute later and completed the scoring with Nixon racing onto Jack Bowyer's pass to slot under Gwillam.

Falmouth: R Barnes, D Blizzard, O Moody, M Duff, J Cooper (J Ward 56), T Annear, L Brabyn, D Broglino (R Martt 50), J Bowyer, J Annear (M Buchan 55), T Nixon. Subs (unused): A Westgarth.

Camelford: L Gwillam, G Harrison, S Cleave (D Fryer 75), T Cowling, A Sleep, M Kempthorne, C Rhodes, J Insley (S Brown 37), S Sandell, A Boxall, H Wilshaw. Subs (unused): P Brown.

  • Falmouth travel to Dorset to take on Western League Premier side Bridport in the FA Vase first round proper on Saturday (kick-off 3pm).