Penryn Athletic exacted revenge upon St Ives Town by dumping them out of the Cornwall Senior Cup on Saturday.

Athletic lost 2-1 at St Ives in last week’s Combination League fixture, but won 3-1 on their return to the Saltings on Saturday.

Penryn led midway through the first half when Jake Shaw’s effort struck the bar but fell kindly for the midfielder to slot in the rebound.

Alfie Turner scored an own goal to double the visitors’ lead, but the hosts hit straight back via James Deseta, only for Billy Williams’ first goal for the club secured Penryn’s place in round three.

Perranwell will join Penryn in Monday’s third round draw after winning 2-1 at Hayle.

Joe Ibbs-George put the visitors two goals up with a goal either side of half-time.

He then gave away a penalty which was converted by Graham Stirr, but the Well held on to reach the last 16 for the first time in eight years.

St Day thrashed East Cornwall Premier League club Padstow United 6-0 to reach the third round.

Luke Hart, Jake Williams and Jacob Cleverly put the hosts 3-0 up before Rob Rowe replied for United just before the break.

Cleverley, Nathan Taylor and Dan Richards complete the scoring in the second half.

Perranporth lost 4-0 at home to South West Peninsula League Division 1 West leaders Liskeard Athletic.

Sam Gilbert put Athletic, who have won all ten of their league games this season, ahead before Ben Waters, James Lorenz and Jarrod Woods.

RNAS Culdrose lost 8-0 at home to defending champions Saltash United.

United, currently fourth in the SWPL Premier, were 4-0 up at the break thanks to David Barker, Lee Phillips, Sam Farrant and Jamie Simmonds.

Simmonds and Phillips added another each after the break, while David Trott and Callum Martindale completed the scoring.

St Just suffered a 6-0 hammering at home to SWPL Premier side and 2015 Senior Cup champions St Austell.

Matt Lloyd and Liam Eddy put the Lilywhites two up inside 15 minutes while Jordan Dingle made it three before the break.

Eddy netted twice more to seal his hat-trick by 65 minutes with Neil Slateford wrapping up victory late on. 

  • Frazer Patterson came off the bench to score four goals as Helston Athletic thrashed St Agnes 7-0 in the afternoon’s only Combination League fixture.

Patterson replaced top-scorer Joe Wright within ten minutes and bagged his first two soon after.

Dan Stidwell and Jamie Thirkle made it four before Patterson sealed his hat-trick for number five, with Charlie Young’s strike from distance making it six.

Saints ended the game with ten men after ‘keeper Deba Sidhu saw red, with Patterson converting the resultant penalty to round off the scoring.

  • Lizard Argyle’s match at home to Redruth United was postponed, as was Mullion’s trip to Carharrack.