The Packet's weekly look back at the local sporting headlines from 25 years ago.

This week's round-up comes from Thursday, January 13, 1994.

Falmouth Town 0, Bodmin Town 2

Played in the worst conditions at Bickland Park for some time, Falmouth Town crashed out of the Cornwall Senior Cup after a poor performance against a well organised Bodmin Town.

This was a classic case of one side fancying the job and the other not.

The opening goal came in the 23rd minute following a Bodmin attack. Dave Gardner only half-cleared the ball as far as Ian Treverton and his measured cross, with his right foot, was perfect for Jason Charlesworth to outjump the defence to head in.

Charlesworth was on hand to double the lead minutes later. Ian Down whipped over a crossfield pass to Paul Mildon and, enjoying oceans of room, knocked the ball back into the box where Andy Waddell completely missed the ball only for it to run through to Charlesworth to tap inside the post.

Town: D Philp, C Long, S Jewell, D Babb, D Gardner, T Matthews, G Hooper, D Northcott, N Thwaites, M Rowe, I Gosling. Subs: D Powell, P Scrace.

Falmouth Packet:

Penryn 34, Windsor 5

Penryn, out of luck in their previous Division II league game, really came good in the mud at the Memorial ground when they recorded only their second Courage win of the season against luckless Windsor who sustained their eighth successive defeat.

Mullion 3, Falmouth Town 2

Two goals down at half-time, Mullion staged a remarkable recovery to pull off a sensational 3-2 win against Falmouth Town in the Jolly's combination League.

Perranporth 0, Falmouth Athletic 6

The Falmouth-Helston League programme was reduced to just four games on Saturday, but it gave league leaders Falmouth Athletic the chance to extend their lead at the top of the table.

They were away to inform Perranporth, but it was Athletic who turned on the style and raced to a 6-0 win with a hat-trick by Paul Murray and a goal each from Mark Philpott, Terry Jarvis, and Micky Stevens.