Wendron United Reserves made it a double delight for the club on Saturday by beating Penryn Athletic 4-2 to book their place in the Combination League Cup semi-finals.

The first team had already beaten Porthleven 3-1 to reach the last four of the Cornwall Senior Cup for the first time before the second string completed a quarter-final double for the club around half an hour later.

Wendron took the lead midway through the first half when Jack Noy finished off a swift counter from a Penryn free-kick.

Falmouth Packet:

But the hosts were back on terms around six minutes later with top-scorer Ryan Reeve turning provider to tee up debutant Tyler Cooke to score.

The teams went into half-time level but Dron restored their advantage after the break with Joe Chapman lobbing player-manager Harry Pope in the Penryn goal.

But Athletic drew level once more when a free-kick was turned into his own net by a Wendron man.

Undeterred, Wendron went in front for a third time when Sam Fuller beat one defender before slotting into the bottom corner of Pope’s net.

There was to be no comeback this time with Noy sending Will Paul through on goal, who rounded Pope and rolled the ball in to settle the tie.

Falmouth Packet:

Wendron will be joined by St Ives Town in the semi-finals after they beat Pendeen Rovers 1-0 in the day’s other quarter-final.

The game was evenly-fought with both sides having chances to win the game, with the crucial blow coming three minutes from time when Ross Duncan controlled a cross before firing in from close range.

The clubs will join Illogan RBL, who became the first team through to the last four last week, and either Perranporth or St Day, who play their tie next weekend, in next month’s semi-finals.

Perranwell were also toasting cup success on Saturday with a 5-0 hammering of Hayle in their Supplementary Cup preliminary round tie.

Adam Selley and Matt Lane put the Well two goals up at the break before James Wiltshire made it three.

Joe Ibbs-George added a fourth before Selley rounded off the scoring with his second of the game.

That match was the only one of four scheduled Supplementary Cup ties to be played. Helston Athletic Reserves’ match at Lizard Argyle was postponed, as was Redruth United’s trip to Porthleven Reserves and Carharrack’s game at home to St Agnes.

Perranporth took advantage of being one of just four teams in league action to move top of the table with a 10-1 thrashing of West Cornwall.

Luke Wort scored four goals to take his personal tally for the season to 23, while a Justin Searle hat-trick saw the division’s leading marksman reach 30 league goals.

Jakob Springall, Jowan Kitchener and Tom Langford netted one goal apiece for the new leaders. Owain Barrett scored a consolation for West Cornwall.

A depleted Mullion earned a precious point at St Just in the only other league game of the weekend. Ashley Ellis gave the home side the lead midway through the first half, but Jack Price’s leveller minutes before the break sealed a share of the spoils.