Truro City 1, Wealdstone 2

TRURO City suffered their first home defeat since returning to Cornwall, after the White Tigers fell to play-off hopefuls Wealdstone 1-2 at a wet and windy Treyew Road, writes Cameron Weldon.

After defeating Eastbourne 2-0 there just three days before, the White Tigers went into the game full of confidence although that confidence didn’t really show in the opening stages, as Wealdstone dominated. Despite that the dominance the Stones failed to really create any meaningful chances.

The hosts got their first chance on 13 minutes when Jared Lewington headed over, from a Connor Riley-Lowe corner.

Moments later Truro keeper Harvey Rivers was called in action for the first time, with a good save to deny the visitors.

After weathering the storm for the first 20 minutes, Truro started to get a foot hold in the match.

Niall Thompson fired a shot high and wide before Lewington had another header go wayward.

David Pratt had Wealdstone’s best chance of the half, as the number 9 had a looping header go agonizingly wide of Rivers' far post.

That chance nearly came back to haunt the visitors just minutes later, when Truro top scorer Tyler Harvey found some room inside the box, but his tame effort was right at Jonathan North in the Wealdstone goal.

Deep into added time River Allen cruised through the Wealdstone defence, beating three players before he was fouled just outside the box.

Harvey couldn’t be denied again, his beautiful 20-yard free kick curled into the left-hand corner leaving North no chance and giving the White Tigers the lead at the break.

Falmouth Packet:

Despite them going behind in such fashion, it was Wealdstone who started the second period the stronger.

Tarryn Allarakhia was causing problems for the White Tigers and twice forced Rivers into some smart saves, before he was tripped in the Truro penalty area by Thompson, giving the Stones a chance to get back into the game.

Christian Smith sent Rivers the wrong way to equalise and put the game back in the balance.

Harvey then saw his effort smash the side netting before a stunning solo effort from Danny Green was fired into the top corner to give the visitors the lead.

Truro tried to get back into the game, but hat to settle for half chances, as the Wealdstone backline stood strong.

Louis Rooney and Alex Battle were then introduced to the White Tigers attack as the White Tigers went looking for an equaliser

Riley-Lowe’s corner found the head of the Jared Lewington, but he couldn’t direct it into the net.

Despite four minutes added on the White Tigers failed to find that all important goal and ultimately leave the game empty handed.

Truro now face the long journey to Essex to take on Billericay Town, as the road to survival continues for Cornwall’s senor club.

Truro: Rivers, Thompson, Riley-Lowe, Grimes, Richards (c), Rowthorn, Herve (L Rooney 77), Allen (Keats 55), Hurst (Battle 83), Harvey, Lewington.

Wealdstone: North, Clark, Medford-Smith, Stevens, Okimo (c), Poku, Allarakhia (Mitchell 90), Mensah (McKeown 55), Pratt, Green, Smith.