It was a good day for the leading sides in the Combination League, with the top five clubs all winning on Saturday.

Helston Athletic turned on the style to thrash Lizard Argyle in their fixture at Kellaway Park on Saturday.

In-form Charlie Young opened the scoring for the Blues before Aaron Collick netted a penalty to double the lead, with Joe Wright making it 3-0 at the break.

Dan Stidwell bagged the fourth before Young scored his second of the game – and his 18th since November – to make it 5-0, with Fred Conway notching number six.

Tristan Hawkings pulled one back for Argyle but Collick and Jamie Thompson extended the lead further, before Dagan Vaughn-Spruce added a second consolation with his 12th of the campaign.

The win sees the Blues remain level in second with Penryn Athletic, who recorded a 3-1 win at home to St Agnes.

The visitors took the lead in the 15th minute when Sam Connolly fired home the rebound after Penryn ‘keeper Ryan Bull had saved an initial strike.

But Athletic were level on the half-hour mark when Ryan Reeve showed the defence a clean pair of heels before firing in his 27th league goal of the season.

Reeve added number 28 barely two minutes later to complete the turnaround, before Bradley Leivers completed the scoring midway through the second half when he headed in from Tom Annear’s corner.

Penryn and Helston remain a point behind leaders Perranporth, who survived a scare at Redruth United to prevail 2-1 and maintain their slender advantage.

The leaders broke down their hosts, currently 17th in the division, on 25 minutes when league top-scorer Justin Searle found the net.

Redruth levelled midway through the second half through Andy Bishop, but the visitors eventually secured all three points when Searle headed home goal number 32 for the season.

Falmouth Town held on to fourth spot with a solid 2-0 win at home to Wendron United.

Harry McMellon teed up Rhys Allen for the opener three minutes before half-time, with the second arriving just two minutes later when Brodie Kemp headed home Allen’s cross.

St Day moved above the inactive St Ives Town and into fifth with a 2-0 win at Pendeen Rovers that sees them remain just four points off leaders Perranporth.

Dan Richards opened the scoring from the penalty spot just before the break, but despite having a plethora of chances the second did not come until the final few minutes when Chris Dobson fired into the top corner.

Hayle lost ground on the leading group after being held to a 3-3 draw at home to Mullion.

Cameron Irish put the hosts in front before Lee Cattran levelled for Mullion, only for Irish to restore the lead from the spot just before half-time.

Kyle Woodhouse restored parity after the break before Chris Blee put the visitors ahead for the first time in the game.

But Irish rescued a point late on to complete his hat-trick and take his tally for the season to 21.

Illogan RBL came from a goal down to win 2-1 at St Just. Jack Willis put the hosts in front with an unstoppable penalty, but Sam Emery and Ashley Smeeth netted to complete the comeback.

Elsewhere, Ben Gibbs, Ricky Shivlock, Matt Bulcock and Martin Harvey scored as RNAS Culdrose beat Porthleven 4-0.