Falmouth Town 3, Godolphin Atlantic 1

LUKE Brabyn scored twice as Falmouth Town ended their three-game losing run in the South West Peninsula League with a confident win at home to Godolphin Atlantic on Saturday.

Brabyn opened the scoring three minutes into the second half but Town were pegged back just six minutes later when Phil Lowry headed home.

Brabyn restored the hosts' lead midway through the half before teeing up Tim Nixon to secure the victory five minutes from time.

There was little to shout about in the opening exchanges with neither side doing too much to test either goalkeeper. Sam Pickup fired over for Falmouth before Dan Perryman brought routine save out of Ryan Barnes.

Lowry when he found space to shot on the edge of the box, but Barnes did well to tip it over the bar.

But Town then began a period of dominance up until half-time. Joe Cooper had a close-range shot blocked following a corner before David Broglino forced Ethan Fearn into a top save to keep out his free-kick.

Luke Johnson got in on the act, dragging a shot wide at the end of a good move, before Town's appeals for a penalty when Fearn clattered into Luke Brabyn on the corner of the box fell on deaf ears. The referee awarded a free-kick on the very edge instead, with Broglino sending it narrowly wide of the top corner.

Johnson was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet before the break, with Fearn doing well to save two fierce strikes from the Falmouth man.

Town were almost made to regret not taking their chances when, within two minutes of the restart, Godolphin's Scott Flannagan came within a whisker of scoring from 40 yards after spotting Barnes off the line, but the 'keeper was able to tip it onto the bar.

But it mattered not as Falmouth took the lead barely a minute later, with Broglino's lofted through ball eventually reaching Brabyn who surged into the box before driving into the corner from a tight angle.

But the lead lasted all of seven minutes before the visitors hauled themselves level, with Lowry powering Flannagan's superb cross past Barnes from six yards.

Lowry then had a go at outdoing Flannagan with an effort from way out in the 67th minute, but it dropped harmlessly wide of Barnes' goal.

But Lowry and his team found themselves behind again a matter of moments later. Johnson robbed Jadon Gotthardt of the ball and Brabyn broke with it down the right once again before taking aim from a similar position to his first goal, but this time squeezing his shot under Fearn.

Godolphin missed a big chance to level with time running out when a missed clearance let Flannagan in,but his powerful strike was well saved by Barnes.

Brabyn then missed the chance to complete his hat-trick on 82 minutes when he rounded Fearn but shot over the bar.

But it wasn't to matter as Town made the game safe three minutes later, with Brabyn turning provider to tee up Nixon in the centre of the box, who took a touch before calmly placing the ball into the net.

Falmouth: R Barnes, D Blizzard, O Moody, S Pickup (R Martt 77), J Cooper, J Ward, L Brabyn, D Broglino, L Johnson (F Harris 79), M Duff, A Westgarth (T Nixon 65). Subs (unused): C Davis, J Miller.

Godolphin: E Fearn, S Flannagan, J Barrot, O Pinnell, J Stone, C Buchanan, H Pawsey, J Gotthardt, M Saunders, P Lowry, D Perryman (T Sheppard 62). Subs (unused): A Winkworth, J Hickling.

Falmouth Packet: