Penryn Athletic retain their grip on the Combination League by virtue of goal difference after being held to a goalless draw at home to St Ives Town on Saturday.

Although Penryn will be disappointed to have drawn at home it was St Ives who were looking more likely to nab all three points, with Athletic having goalkeeper Ryan Bull to thank after he saved Max Davies' spot kick ten minutes before half-time.

The draw means Perranporth are now right on Penryn's heels after they beat St Agnes 1-0 at home, with Jakob Springall scoring the only goal of the game midway through the first half.

Athletic's whopping +74 goal difference is keeping them at the top of the pile for now, although, crucially, Perranporth still have two games in hand.

Falmouth Packet:

St Day moved up to third in the table after capitalising on the inactive Helston Athletic by winning 5-2 at RNAS Culdrose.

Dan Richards scored a penalty before Jacob Cleverly doubled the lead just before half-time, with Richards adding another midway through the half to seemingly end the tie as a contest.

But the hosts hit back with goals from Dan Quirke and Matt Bulcock, before Richards took his tally to four for the afternoon and 33 for the season with two late strikes.

Mullion earned an impressive 4-2 win at home to Illogan RBL to move into the top half of the table. Jack Adams had given the visitors the lead before Tom Bryant levelled with a superb finish from distance, with Archie Rutherford netting to give the hosts a half-time lead.

Anton Oliver levelled for the away side early in the second half, but Jack Price resored the hosts' lead before Iestyn Head made the game safe late on.

Falmouth Packet:

Falmouth Town remain fifth after a 1-1 draw at home to St Just. Ashley Ellis opened the scoring for the visitors before Ben Allen's superb free-kick rescued a point for the hosts.

Perranwell lost further ground on the top clubs after a 1-0 defeat at Hayle. Liam Mooney scored the only goal of the game three minutes into the second half.

  • There was spot-kick drama in the Supplementary Cup as Helston Athletic won a penalty shootout at Lizard Argyle's Beacon Terrace to reach the quarter-finals after a thrilling 4-4 draw.

Gemell Mills and Fraser Patterson had put the Blues two up at the break before Craig Tanner made it three early in the second half.

But Tristan Hawkings' strike offered hope for the home side with Jarrod Lawrence's quick double sending the game to extra-time.

The Blues restored their lead through Jamie Thompson but Jack Casley levelled to take the tie to a shootout, with Steve Jenkin scoring the decisive kick to ensure a 6-5 win for the visitors.

Redruth United will join Helston in the last eight after eventually seeing off Porthleven in extra-time at Gala Parc.

Despite the visitors' dominance the game remained goalless after 90 minutes, although Redruth had one chalked off in the final minute for offside.

They were not to be denied after extra-time, however, with Andy Bishop's volley finding the net midway through the second period to settle the tie.

Falmouth Packet: