PORTHLEVEN lifted the Dave Gardner Memorial Tournament trophy after a 3-3 draw with Falmouth Town at the finals day at Penzance.

Porthleven only needed a point from their final game after victories over Penzance and Helston, and goals from Ed Timmons, Dan Richardson and Matt Fox were enough to secure a draw, despite a valiant comeback by Town.

Ed Timmons opened the scoring from the spot on the half-hour, with his powerful effort into the bottom corner too hot to handle for Harry McMellon, who got a fingertip to the strike.

The Fishermen doubled their lead ten minutes later, again from the spot as Dan Richardson tucked home after Dan Greet was brought down in the box.

But Town hit back a minute later with a penalty of their own. Brodie Kemp was fouled in the area and Fraser Harris stepped up to convert.

Port looked to have sealed victory and the title on the hour when substitute Kyle Fraser's cross was turned in by fellow sub Matt Fox at the near post.

But Town breathed life back in the game on 78 minutes when Luke Johnson's corner was turned in by the goalkeeper.

Town completed the comeback two minutes later as Johnson broke through on his own and drove his shot into the corner.

Despite a nervous final few minutes in which Falmouth struck the crossbar, the Fishermen held on to seal the title.

Penzance came from behind to beat Helston Athletic 3-2 in a thrilling finale, despite being behind with just five minutes to play.

Charlie Young gave the hosts the lead in the ninth minute with the fourth penalty of the day, sending his spot-kick past Barrie Wyatt after Mark Goldsworthy was brought down.

But the hosts were back on terms seven minutes in the second half through Mawgan Kewn, who sent a looping header past Jason Robertson.

The Blues moved back in front midway through the half, with Hugh Howlett firing home from inside the box after his header was saved.

It looked like Helston would hold on for the win until four minutes from time, when Kevin Lawrence fired a low, hard shot in from 12 yards.

The Magpies then snatched victory from the jaws of defeat two minutes later, with Jacob Cleverly sending a stunning strike into the top corner from 25 yards.

Penzance and Helston both finish on three points, with the Blues finishing third by virtue of their superior goal difference.

Falmouth's point sees them claim second spot with four points.