TRURO City made it three wins from three for the new season after a battling 1-0 win over Swindon Supermarine at Treyew Road.

Luke Jephcott’s goal proved to be enough as the on-loan Plymouth Argyle striker headed City in front just before the break.

The White Tigers are the only side in the Southern League Premier South not to concede a goal so this season.

Truro started the better of the two sides on Saturday afternoon and saw a number of early chances go begging.

Ryan Law headed wide a Niall Thompson cross before Harrison Davis fired a free kick into the Swindon wall.

Will Dean then saw the same outcome as Davis, as his shot was blocked too, while Law had another good opportunity go to waste as Truro looked to break the deadlock.

Supermarine then had their best moment of the half as Conor McDonagh went clean through but James Hamon was quickly off his line to close down the chance.

James Ward then latched onto a beautiful cross from Will Dean but was denied by the crossbar as City started to take control.

Truro wouldn’t be denied for long however as Luke Jephcott arrived at the back post to head City into the lead on 37 minutes.

Jephcott then turned provider in first half added time as the young striker picked out Keats, who simply couldn’t keep his header down.

More chances followed going into the second half for both sides. Hamon made a great save to stop Stuart Fleetwood while Jephcott forced the Swindon keeper into a good save.

Noah Keats then did brilliantly, beating two men before cutting inside and getting his shot off, but Horsell was there to deny him.

Niall Thompson then stung the hands of the keeper before being replaced by Louis Rooney who nearly made an instant impact.

The striker found himself clean through before a last ditch tackle stopped him in his tracks.

More half chances followed for the White Tigers with Mbayo, Law and Rooney all going close as Truro searched for some breathing room.

Man-of-the-match James Hamon then made a hat-trick of superb saves as Swindon looked for an equaliser.

There was a late scare for Truro as McDonagh rattled the crossbar in added time, but Truro managed to hold on for all three points.

City now have a week to prepare for their next game as they hit the road again to face Chesham United next Saturday.

Truro: Hamon, Davis, Law, Ward, Mbayo, Richards (c), Dean, Booth, Keats (Smallcombe 86), Jephcott, Thompson (Rooney 63).

Attendance: 421

MOTM: James Hamon