ALFIE Flack's injury-time strike secured three points for Helston Athletic against Wendron United in a thrilling derby at Kellaway Park.

Mark Goldsworthy netted his first goal of his second spell at Helston to give the Blues the lead on the hour, only for Jack Noy to fire in a deserved equaliser on 75 minutes.

But Flack popped up with a superb finish in injury-time to steal all three points for the home side.

Wendron had a huge chance to take the lead after just five minutes, with Yeshe Briar's ball into the six-yard box reaching Jack Noy, but the strike could not hook it past Jason Robertson.

Helston's best effort of the first 45 minute came after quarter of an hour, with Mark Goldsworthy rounding the onrushing Dan Stedman after a quick counter, but could not get his shot away before being tackled by Joe Chapman.

The visitors were back on the attack soon after and had a good chance when Kirk Davies headed Briar's cross into Finn Robinson's path on the edge of the box, but the right-back's chance disappeared when he controlled the ball with his hand.

Noy then fired over from Will Paul's ball soon after.

Helston's Cameron Wheat was a fairly lively presence against his former side, with Stedman and Ben Ringrose getting in the way of two of the winger's headers before half-time.

Finn Robinson forced Robertson into a save barely a minute into the second half, before the defender denied Wheat with another header at the back post.

But the hosts eventually broke the deadlock after an hour, with Goldsworthy turning Harrison Jewell's cross past a helpless Stedman from six yards before wheeling away in delight.

But the visitors soon grabbed the goal their efforts deserved with quarter of an hour to go. Substitute Kian Thomas set Noy through on goal, with the striker keeping his cool and firing in at the near post to level the scores.

Helston looked to turn the screw in search of an equaliser. Dan Tarrant cleared Liam Eddy's header off the line, Hayden Fuller and Stedman thwarted two Hugh Howlett headers.

But just when it looked like ending in a draw, Flack raced onto a long ball and expertly fired it into the corner in the second minute of injury time to break Wendron hearts.

Helston: J Robertson, K Davies (H Jewell 24), G Roberts, H Howlett, S Beattie, O Brokenshire, K Cornish, M Bye, N Slateford, M Goldsworthy (A Flack 64), C Wheat (L Eddy 72). Subs (unused): R Beattie, J James.

Wendron: D Stedman, F Robinson, H Fuller, S Palmer, D Tarrant, B Ringrose, W Paul (K Thomas 68), J Chapman, J Stocker, Y Briar ( M Bowden 72), J Noy. Subs (unused): E Webb, T Martin.