TRURO City picked up their second defeat in three days as the White Tigers were well beaten 0-2 by Weston-Super-Mare at Treyew Road on Bank Holiday Monday.

After three wins from three to start the new season City suffered their first defeat on Saturday at Chesham despite being in complete control at half time.

In front of over 550 people at Treyew Road, a Jamie Richards own goal and a well taken finish from Nick McCootie condemned the White Tigers to defeat once again.

Truro controlled the first 15 minutes and were unlucky not to get an early goal. With just three minutes on the clock, Luke Jephcott bent a curling shot that clipped the crossbar and went over.

Despite seeing lots of the ball City failed to really build on that early chance. Weston had their first opportunity of note on 18 minutes with James Ward managing to clear the ball off the line after a powerful header.

The visitors wouldn’t be denied for long as just moments later they found the breakthrough. An inviting Scott Laird cross was pushed away by Truro keeper James Hamon onto the leg of City skipper Jamie Richards, who could do nothing about it as it bounced into the goal for 0-1.

Truro looked to respond quickly. James Ward saw a header well saved after a Will Dean corner before Rio Garside did well to find Dean on the edge of the area who fired just wide of the target.

Truro were made to rue those missed chances as Weston added a brilliant second. A fantastic team move lethally finished by Nick McCootie doubled their lead with five minutes left of the first half.

Paul Wotton clearly wasn’t happy with what he had seen as changes were made at the break. Noah Keats and Max Smallcombe were introduced to try and help pull this one back.

Smallcombe was in the thick of things straight away as he saw an effort go after the bar, after some good build up play by Garside.

Weston were happy to sit and hit Truro on the counter attack while City failed to break down a resolute Seagulls backline.

Dean saw a free kick comfortable saved before Harrison Davis did well and tried to pick out his fellow full back Ryan Law but slightly over hit it.

Niall Thompson was also introduced and looked lively. He beat his man before firing a shot goalwards that was pushed away for a corner.

Hamon then made a good save to deny the visitors a third while up the other end both Smallcombe and Thompson had shots blocked before Davis fired well over the bar, summing up City’s performance on the day as the game petered out.

Truro now slip to seventh in the table but remain just a point off top spot. They now have just under a week to recover before hitting the road on Saturday with Farnborough the destination.

Truro: Hamon, Davis, Law, Mbayo (Keats 45), Ward, Richards, Booth (Smallcombe 45), Dean, Garside (Thompson 57), Rooney, Jephcott.

Attendance: 551