CHARLIE Young scored five goals as Porthleven eased into the FA Vase second qualifying round with a seven-goal hammering of Callington Town at Gala Parc.

Young bagged a first-half hat-trick to put his side three up at the break, with the in-form forward adding two more early in the second half, before Matt Fox and Dan Stidwell completed the rout.

Porthleven will now visit unbeaten South West Peninsula League Premier West leaders Saltash United in the second round in two weeks' time.

The Fishermen wasted little time in taking the lead, with Young prodding home his first of the day from six yards in the fourth minute.

Dan Stidwell and Matt Fox passed up good chances to double the lead soon after, before Sam Marker fired inches wide of the top corner for the visitors after some good pressure.

Porthleven's Ethan Fearn deputised in goal, but he gave the home side a scare midway through the half when he picked up the ball just outside his box, picking up a yellow card for doing so.

The visitors threatened from the ensuing free-kick but Tommy Norton's shot was blocked.

But Port gave themselves some breathing space soon after as they doubled their advantage on 31 minutes, with Young flicking Ed Timmons' low cross past goalkeeper Jordan Stidson at the near post.

Young completed his hat-trick a few minutes later with another close-range finish, tapping in Dan Stidwell's low cross at the back post.

Young should have had his fourth five minutes before the break when he picked the ball up in the middle of the box, but his shot was straight at Stidson.

Young had to wait just five minutes of the second half before notching his fourth goal, turning his man and firing in from the centre of the box.

The forward then completed his excellent afternoon in front of goal barely two minutes later with a close-range finish.

Fox joined Young on the scoresheet in the 55th minute after profiting from Stidwell's strong run and cross by tapping in at the back stick.

Stidwell turned from provider to scorer to finish off the scoring in the 73rd minute. It was one to forget for Stidson, who was caught in possession out of goal by Stidwell, who proceeded to chip into the empty net.

Callington pushed for a late consolation with Lee Robinson and Marker testing Fearn, with the former also coming close to flicking George Harvey's cross/shot in from six yards.

Porthleven: E Fearn, E Timmons, D Turner, T Whipp, B Stidwell, H Dark, D Stidwell, D Richardson, G Molcher, C Young, M Fox. Subs: J Roberts, K Fraser, C Wormington, T Oliver, M Webster.

Callington: J Stidson, S Marker, J Wyatt, T Copp, P MacAdam, K Mann, J Cribb, S Hepworth, L Robinson, R Lucassi, T Norton. Subs: G Harvey, C Holder, T Borthwick, S Borthwick.