TRURO City returned to winning ways in the Southern League Premier South with a 2-0 victory at Farnborough on Saturday.

James Ward headed in his first goal for Truro to open the scoring, before Louis Rooney bagged the first of his second spell with the club on the stroke of half-time as the White Tigers move back to second spot.

They are one point behind leaders Poole Town, who earned a slender 1-0 win at Swindon Supermarine thanks to Corby Moore's strike 15 minutes from time.

Nick McCootie scored the only goal of the game as unbeaten Weston-super-Mare won 1-0 at home to bottom side Beaconsfield Town to join Truro on 12 points.

Chesham United are also on 12 after they won 2-1 at home to Blackfield & Langley. Steve Brown put United in front before Lerone Plummer levelled in first-half injury-time, but David Pearce popped up with the winner two minutes from time to move up to fourth.

The 12-point trio all leapfrogged Tiverton Town and Salisbury after the two sides shared six goals at Ladysmead. Jordan Bastin put the Yellows in front early on but goals from Daniel Fitchett, Darren Mullings and Joshua Summerton put the visitors 3-1 up with 20 to play.

But Steven Colwell and Michael Landricombe scored in the final 12 minutes to complete a superb comeback from the hosts and rescue a point.

Harrow Borough are the only other side to remain unbeaten after they drew 1-1 at home to Taunton Town. Benjamin Adelsbury put the Peacocks in front just before half-time, but George Moore sealed a point four minutes into the second half.

A 90th-minute goal from Brendan Murphy-Mcvey wasn't enough for Walton Casuals from a heavy defeat at Wimborne Town, eventually losing 4-1. The score was 0-0 with 25 minutes to play, but Luke Burbidge's brace and Sam Bayston and Tony-James Lee's strikes condemned Casuals to a fifth straight defeat.

Cameron Clarke's 90th-minute goal secured all three points for Merthyr Town at Metropolitan Police. Luke Robertson put the hosts in front inside two minutes, but Jarrad Wright levelled on 27 minutes before Clarke's late winner.

A late rally could not prevent defeat for Dorchester Town, who lost 3-2 at home to Hartley Wintney. Alexandru Albert, Jack Ball and Tom Bird put the visitors in a commanding position, and although Thomas Blair netted in 80 minutes before Thomas Bath also did so in the 97th minute, it was not enough for the home side.

Luke Spokes' injury-time goal rescued a point for Yate Town, who drew 2-2 at home to Hendon. Luca Valentine put the visitors in front before Nicholas Peare levelled. Connor Calcutt restored Hendon's lead but Spokes ensured a point apiece late on.

Gosport Borough and Hayes & Yeading United drew 1-1 at the SKYEx Community Stadium. Matthew Paterson put Borough in front after 13 minutes before Dylan Switters levelled for United in the 28th minute.