OLLY Brokenshire's goal secured Helston Athletic's passage into the FA Vase second qualifying round with a 1-0 win at Keynsham Town.

Brokenshire gave the Blues a 14th-minute lead at the newly promoted Western League Premier side after firing home from Scott Beattie's pass.

Beattie put in a good shift at the other end and made a vital block to keep the score at 1-0.

Cameron Wheat came close to doubling the lead midway through the second half when his shot from Mark Goldsworthy's pass was cleared off the line, with the young winger coming close again soon after.

But the Blues held on to survive seven added minutes to earn their third successive clean sheet and claim their place in the next round, where they will welcome South West Peninsula League Premier East side Axminster Town to Kellaway Park.

Charlie Young scored five goals as Porthleven eased into the second qualifying round with a seven-goal hammering of Callington Town at Gala Parc.

Young bagged a first-half hat-trick to put his side three up at the break, with the in-form forward adding two more early in the second half, before Matt Fox and Dan Stidwell completed the rout.

Porthleven will now visit unbeaten SWPL Premier West leaders Saltash United in the second round in two weeks' time.

READ MORE: Charlie scores five as Porthleven thrash Callington

Falmouth Town will visit fellow SWPL Premier side St Blazey in the second round following a 3-1 win at Western League Division One side Bristol Telephones.

Town got off to a good start with a goal after four minutes, with Tim Nixon intercepting a pass and firing in from 25 yards.

The visitors were two goals up after a quarter of an hour when Matt Buchan headed against the bar from a corner, with Olly Walker recycling the ball and teeing up Luke Brabyn to blast in from eight yards.

Goalkeeper Steve Parker-Billinge returned to the side following injury and made a couple of excellent saves, while Joe Cooper, making his 250th appearance for Town, did well in defence and made some crucial headers.

The Phones got themselves back in it with 17 minutes to play when Oli Boyer nipped in and chipped the onrushing Parker-Billinge.

But Town sealed victory five minutes from time when Brabyn was brought down in the box by Jack Matthew, who, after a coming together between the teams, received his second yellow, while Kieran Golding was sent to the sin bin.

Buchan eventually stepped up to send goalkeeper Ben Paynter the wrong way with a powerful strike and send Town through to the next round.

Away from the Vase, Wendron United suffered a heavy 7-3 defeat at Camelford in the SWPL Premier West. The Dron took an early lead through Finn Robinson, who sidefooted in from a corner, before Ed Harrison levelled the scores just before half-time.

The Camels turned it on after the break with five goals in 20 minutes to leave their visitors shellshocked. Bobby Hopkinson's hat-trick of excellent individual goals took it to 4-1, with Josh Insley and Andy Boxall giving the home side a five-goal lead.

TJ Walter replied for the Dron with an excellent individual goal to stop the rot, only for Mark Gusterson to add goal number seven soon after. There was time for Dan Tarrant to complete the scoring with a header from a corner, but it did not stop Wendron from suffering their heaviest defeat since a 5-1 loss at Liskeard Athletic this time last year.

St Blazey set up a Vase second qualifying round tie with Falmouth after beating Godolphin Atlantic 5-3 at Blaise Park, with both sides ending with ten men. Jamie Wilmott, Jordan Hogan, Jack Alexander, Harry Eaton and Jordan Walton scored for the hosts, with Ben Joyce sent off for St Blazey while Cameron Buchanan departed for the G.

Saltash United sealed a second round date with Porthleven after winning 5-1 at Elburton Villa. Chris Menhenick scored either side of half-time before a Ryan Richards double and Daniel Lewis netted to complete the scoring.

Bodmin Town will host Western League Premier side Buckland Athletic in the next round after a 3-1 win at Western Division One club Bishops Lydeard. Dan Jennings, Tallan Mitchell and Max Gilbert netted for Bodmin, while Charlie Wilson replied for the hosts.

Elsewhere, Liskeard Athletic's Vase hopes are over after losing 3-1 at Bovey Tracey, Launceston were beaten 2-0 at home to Western League Divison One team Cheddar, while Newquay lost 2-0 at SWPL Premier East club Cullompton Rangers.

St Austell took advantage of Saltash's Vase tie to return to the top of the SWPL Premier West table with a 6-0 win at bottom side Sticker. Tom Chambers opened the scoring on 14 minutes before Hayden Turner gave the hosts a two-lead at the break via the penalty spot. The same pair netted again to put the Lillywhites four goals to the good, with Jack Hooper adding the fifth before Turner completed his hat-trick late on.

Penzance bounced back from their 11-0 mauling at Helston in midweek with a 5-2 win at home to ten-man St Dennis. The Saints' day started badly with goalkeeper James Hunkin being sent off for handling outside of his box, with Mark Vercesi and Gary Bell going on to give the Magpies a two-goal lead at half-time.

Martin Sleeman halved the deficit but Vercesi restored the two-goal advantage almost immediately before Mawgan Kewn made it four. Jacob Cleverley extended the lead before Paul Robertson, who was one of two Saints players to be sin-binned earlier on, added a consolation.

Wadebridge Town bounced back from their own heavy defeat, a 9-0 hammering at home to Saltash on Tuesday, by earning a useful point at Mousehole. The Bridgers raced into a 2-0 lead before Billy Curtis halved the scores, with a last-minute strike rescuing a point for the Seagulls and preserving their unbeaten record.