HELSTON Athletic earned their fourth successive victory over local rivals Falmouth Town with a hard-fought 2-1 win in the South West Peninsula League Premier West at Bickland Park on Wednesday night.

Mark Goldsworthy opened the scoring midway through the first half before Kai Cornish doubled the Blues' lead two minutes after the break.

Matt Buchan gave the hosts a shout with a goal 15 minutes from time but could not find another as Helston held out for all three points.

The Blues rise to third in the table while Falmouth remain 15th.

Penzance came from a goal down to secure a point at home to Newquay. The Peppermints led at half-time but Callum George rescued a draw for the Magpies.

St Austell held on to top spot with a 5-1 win at home to Godolphin Atlantic on Tuesday night. The Lillywhites raced into a 4-0 lead after half an hour thanks to goals from Hayden Turner and one from each of Martin Watts and Matt Searle.

An own goal made it five midway through the second half, before the G claimed a consolation when a free-kick flew into the far corner.

There was still time for a visiting player and manager Paul Sidwell to both be sent off late on.

Saltash United just about maintained their 100 per cent record after squeezing past Camelford, winning 2-1 at Trefrew Park. David Barker and Sam Hughes scored as the Ashes enjoyed a two-goal half-time lead, and while Ollie Gibson replied with a penalty early in the second half, Saltash held on for win number six.

Bodmin Town won 3-0 at Liskeard Athletic as both sides ended with ten men. Tornado Bello gave the visitors an early lead before Tyler Eliot doubled the advantage a few minutes into the second half.

Liskeard goalkeeper Ollie Chenoweth was shown a straight red card on the hour, with Eliot sealing the points with his second goal two minutes later.

Max Gilbert made it ten versus ten with a red card of his own late on, but it did not stop Bodmin from earning their fifth win of the season.

Launceston and Dobwalls played out a 2-2 draw at Pennygillam. Kevin McCallion scored twice as the Reds led by two after 23 minutes, with the hosts having a penalty saved shortly after.

But the Clarets soon hit back with a goal before the break, before Travis Skerton rescued a point in the 66th minute.