GEORGE Molcher came off the bench to score twice as Porthleven defeated Penzance in their Walter C Parson League Cup first-round tie at Penlee Park.

Dan Stidwell gave Port a half-time lead but Anton Oliver levelled for the home side midway through the second half, only for Molcher to restore the away side's advantage soon after.

The Magpies tried to find an equaliser but Molcher added another in injury-time to secure the win for the Fishermen, who will now visit Mousehole in the second round on Friday, October 25.

Penzance were first to threaten and had a header from a corner cleared off the line before Anton Oliver fired narrowly wide.

Andreas Calleja-Stayne was lively for the Magpies and his quick counter shortly afterwards ended with Oliver placing a shot over Martyn Webster's crossbar.

Kyle Fraser spurned a big chance to put Port ahead midway throufh the half when he beats the offside trap and bore down on goal, only to fire his shot into the side netting.

Penzance wanted a penalty a few minutes later when Oliver went down under Jason Roberts' tackle, but the referee waved the protests away.

Porthleven enjoyed their own spell of pressure late in the half, and nearly opened the scoring on the half-hour when Fraser's long looping cross found top-scorer Charlie Young at the back post, who saw his first-time shot on the slide well saved by Leigh Isaacs.

Falmouth Packet:

But they only had to wait another four minutes to edge in front when Stidwell enjoyed some space on the right corner of the box, with the forward using it to curl a wonderful shot into the far top corner.

The hosts began to build some pressure after a slow start to the second half, with Oliver firing over from a counter before a long-range effort struck the post.

Falmouth Packet:

They found themselves level in the 68th minute when Jacob Cleverley's fine run and cross found Oliver, who fired in from six yards.

But the visitors were back in front seven minutes later when some good build-up play down the right ended with Chris Wormington reaching the byline and pulling it back to Molcher, fresh from the bench, who fired through a few bodies and into the bottom corner.

Penzance pushed for another leveller but it was Porthleven who were looking more likely to score again. Yoing and Jason Roberts both fired over while Isaacs did well to beat away Stidwell's powerful drive.

But Molcher managed to seal Porthleven's progression in the third minute of injury-time with another excellent finish, cutting inside and curling into the far corner from 20 yards.

Penzance: L Isaacs, D Richards, C George, K Lawrence, S Grant, G Bell, J Cleverly, A Calleja-Stayne, M Vercesi, A Oliver, M Kewn. Subs: T Buckley, J Reynolds, D Lord, S Owen.

Porthleven: M Webster, C Wormington, E Timmons, J Roberts, T Whipp, T Oliver (H Dark 63), D Richardson (J Adlard-Rogers 88), D Stidwell, K Fraser, C Young, M Fox (G Molcher 72).