JACK Bowyer scored a hat-trick for the second home game in a row as Falmouth Town put six goals past Liskeard Athletic in their South West Peninsula League Premier West match at Bickland Park.

Jack Podmore had put the Blues in front early on, but two goals from Bowyer and a first goal in a Falmouth shirt from Luke Barner gave Town a two-goal lead at the break.

Bowyer wrapped up his hat-trick midway through the half before Luke Brabyn and Matt Buchan completed the rout, with Bentley Alcantara pulling one back for Liskeard late on.

The visitors began well and opened the scoring in the 14th minute when corner was half cleared as far as Podmore, who returned it with interest with a beautiful strike into the top corner from the opposite corner of the box.

Liskeard had their tails up and came close to doubling their lead shortly after, with Lyle Johnson shooting across Ryan Barnes' goal.

But Town were back on terms in the 25th minute when an excellent run down the left from Tim Nixon ended with Brabyn's cross being powered in at the back post by Bowyer.

Bowyer nearly doubled his and his side's tally soon after but fired narrowly wide, before Martyn Duff through he had grabbed the second when he placed a shot past Ollie Chenoweth, only to be denied by the offside flag.

Bowyer could have had a hat-trick by the half-hour mark with his latest attempt being denied by teammate Buchan. His shot from Brabyn's cross was heading for the bottom corner until the unfortunate intervention by his strike partner took it away from goal.

Town's top-scorer was involved when the second finally came in the 34th minute, leading a quick attack and finding Barner in acres of space on the right, who took a touch and fired into the opposite top corner for his first Falmouth goal.

A rampant Town's devastating 12-minute period was rounded off three minutes later, when another swift attack culminated in Bowyer beating his man to a cross and smashing in at the near post.

Liskeard regrouped at half-time and had the better of the first few minutes, with Toby Clark doing well to thwart James Lorenz before Buchan steered Barner's cross wide at the other end.

Buchan had the ball in the net just before the hour when he and Bowyer had combined before slotting past Chenoweth for an excellent team goal, but the hosts were once again denied by the linesman's flag.

But the fourth came soon after via another run down the left from Nixon, with the winger's evading Buchan, but Bowyer was on hand to head in from close range for his hat-trick, despite strong appeals for handball from the Liskeard players.

A fifth goal felt inevitable with Buchan, Brabyn and Nixon all coming close afterwards before Lorenz kept Barnes on his toes at the other end.

It eventually came with 13 minutes to go after Town appealed for a free-kick for a cynical foul on Ollie Moody. Play went on and Brabyn surged down the left, cut inside and curled a shot into the bottom corner.

Buchan was still trying in vain to add his name to the scoresheet but his luck was still out as he turned another Barner cross agonisingly wide, with centre-back Clark having a go with a speculative overhead kick from a corner soon after.

But the frontman finally had his goal four minutes from time, getting on the end of a searching cross to the back post and coolly converting.

Alcantara pulled one back for the visitors less than a minute later when he slotted past Barnes from ten yards, but it was scant consolation as the Blues completed a disappointing afternoon.