TRURO City bow out of the FA Cup after a 5-2 defeat away at National League North side Hereford despite leading 0-2, writes Cameron Weldon.

Two early City goals were quickly cancelled out as the home side bounced back to book their place in the next round of the competition and knock out Truro for the second season in a row.

After defeating Wimborne Town in the last round Truro headed to Edgar Street off the back of 5 games without defeat and started with plenty of confidence.

Luke Jephcott picked out Ryan Law who hammered a shot across goal into the bottom corner for 0-1 after just ten minutes on the clock.

City soon added a second just six minutes later. Niall Thompson fired home from close range as the hosts failed to clear to double the White Tigers lead and put them in dream land.

The joy was short lived however as Hereford had one back within five minutes. Reece Styche converted from the spot despite the best efforts of James Hamon.

Harrison Davis sent in an inviting cross that Niall Thompson couldn’t get on the end off as City finished the half the stronger.

The hosts started the second half the better and quickly got their equaliser. Rowan Liburd carved through the Truro backline before picking out Jordan Nicholson who tapped home.

Niall Thompson then struck the bar before the hosts took the lead for the first time.

Liburd then got in on the act as he was played through brilliantly from a free kick as he finished with ease.

Mike Symons added a fourth for Hereford as they wrapped up the tie. Symons tapped home from close range after Hamon had cleared one off the line.

Four quickly became five as the hosts were awarded a second penalty with two minutes to play. Peter Vincenti stood up and slotted home for a debut goal and book his sides place in the third qualifying round.

A disappointing afternoon for Truro who crash out of the FA Cup second qualifying round stage for the second season in a row. They are next in action on Saturday as they host Hayes & Yeading at Treyew Road.

Truro: Hamon, Law, Davis, Ward, Gafaiti (Rooney 85), Richards (c), Dean, Booth, Keats (N'Diaye 77), Jephcott, Thompson.

Attendance: 1,115