HELSTON Athletic secured their 12th consecutive win in all competitions with a comfortable six-goal victory at home to Launceston on Saturday.

The Blues dominated for much of the game and enjoyed a handsome lead at the break thanks to three quick goals towards the end of the half, with Mark Goldsworthy scoring two before Kai Cornish added the third.

Billy Tucker, making his first appearance as a permanent Helston signing, scored number four midway through the second half before Matt Bye notched the fifth.

Dan Metherell bagged a consolation for the Clarets late on but substitute Alex Wharton restored the five-goal advantage in injury-time to complete the Blues' ninth league win in succession.

Goldsworthy has been in fine form with 17 goals already this season, and he nearly had number 18 after a minute when he fired against the upright from Billy Tucker's cross.

An error in the visiting defence saw Cornish speed past goalkeeper Josh Colwill and close in on goal before backheeling to Goldsworthy, who saw his shot on the turn blocked by a Claret shirt.

A Helston goal felt imminent as Slateford tested Colwill with a low shot before Tucker's corner was flicked narrowly wide, while Goldsworthy saw his appeals for a penalty fall on deaf ears after he went down under a challenge just inside the box.

Morgan Parsonage did manage to test Jason Robertson from the edge of the box in a rare Launceston attack, but the Helston onslaught quickly resumed with Cornish firing at Colwill before Slateford's shot was deflected agonisingly wide of the bottom corner.

But the Blues finally edged ahead eight minutes before the break when the Clarets 'keeper flapped at Kai Cornish's whipped cross, with Ryan Beattie retrieving it at the back stick and teeing up Goldsworthy to tap in from six yards.

Goldsworthy nearly managed to score moments later when he beat the 'keeper but saw his shot blocked by a defender. He didn't have long to wait, however, as he headed home from the resulting corner.

A four-minute blitz was completed moments later when an overhead clearance fell to Cornish on the edge of the box, who took a couple of touches before drilling into the corner to give the Blues a three-goal lead at the interval.

The hosts resumed control after the break with Slateford forcing a good save from Colwill before Bye's corner was almost converted by Ryan Beattie, while substitute Andrew Elcock drove a shot over the crossbar at the other end.

Goldsworthy was hunting a fourth treble of the season but saw his one-on-one saved by Colwill, before turning provider for Slateford to shoot over from the penalty spot as Helston began to turn the screw once more.

But they got a deserved fourth with 18 minutes to play when Slateford won a free-kick on the right side of the box about 25 yards out, with Tucker curling it into the far bottom corner.

Tucker struck the crossbar moments after the goal but the fifth soon arrived with Phil Cattran, fresh from the bench, going on a good run before teeing up Bye inside the box, who fired in from ten yards.

The visitors grabbed a consolation for their efforts with seven minutes to play when Jason Robertson, who had just made a fine save to tip a shot out for a corner, dropped a catch from the resulting delivery to allow Metherell to hammer in from six yards.

But the scoring was not done there, with Cattran rounding the 'keeper and laying the ball off to substitute Wharton, who fired in from ten yards with the final kick of the game in the second minute of injury-time.

Helston: J Robertson, K Davies, C Wheat, R Beattie, H Jewell, O Brokenshire (P Cattran 77), K Cornish (A Wharton 66), M Bye, B Tucker, M Goldsworthy, N Slateford (J James 88). Subs (unused): L Tonkin, H Howlett.

Launceston: J Colwill, J Lee, C Hardcastle, D Metherell, J McCabe, D Guild, S Watts, R Kane, T Ellacott, M Steele, M Parsonage. Subs: B Johnson, A Elcock, M Hodgetts.