HELSTON Athletic booked their place in the first round proper of the FA Youth Cup for the first time in their history in style, putting eight goals past Brockenhurst at Kellaway Park.

Brothers Sam and Tyler Buckley put the Blues two up early on before Harrison Jewell made it three before the break.

Charlie Mullins pulled one back for the Badgers in the second half before Tyler Buckley and Alex Wharton put Helston five up.

The visitors responded with a second but Pasha Wilson restored the four-goal cushion almost instantly, before Wharton and Jackson Penhallurick completed the rout.

The Blues can now look forward to a potential first-round tie against the likes of Portsmouth or Plymouth Argyle.

The Blues looked to attack from the off and were nearly ahead inside two minutes. Pasha Wilson's cross almost found Alex Wharton but just escaped the striker, with neither player able to poke the return delivery past Brockenhurst 'keeper Samuel Everitt.

Blues 'keeper Kieran Daughtery was given early catching practice as Brockenhurst threatened with a couple of corners, before Lewis Tonkin fired over at the other end.

The Blues were largely on top and they took a deserved lead on 14 minutes following great work from Wharton to hold the ball up at the byline, with his low cross being fired in by Sam Buckley from six yards.

The hosts were keen to convert their dominance and a second goal came along just six minutes later, with Sam's brother Tyler joining him on the scoresheet as he powered home a header from Tom Hands' corner.

The visitors' task was made even harder when Lewis Tonkin's free-kick was deflected into the path of Jewell, who fired in from the centre of the box to put the Blues three up at the break.

Wharton squandered a huge chance to effectively kill off the tie just bfore the break, shrugging off the last defender before shooting into the side netting.

But the Badgers were back in the tie in style on 56 minutes, with Mullins curling a wonderful shot over Daughtery and into the far corner from the edge of the box.

But Helston restored their three-goal cushion with Tyler Buckley sending a looping shot in from a corner, before Wharton added a fifth from the penalty spot after Mawgan Kewn took a tumble in the box.

Brockenhurst did not give up and they grabbed a second with 20 minutes to play, firing in from close range, only for the Blues to restore their three-goal lead instantly, with Wilson tapping in from six yards.

The tie was well and truly over but the goals were not quite finished, and seconds after hitting the post, the Blues had a seventh with Wharton slotting in from the middle of the box.

Substitute Penhallurick impressed when he came on and he completed the scoring with a fine goal, weaving his way into the box and finding the bottom corner to round off a wonderful night for Helston and for Cornish football.

Helston: K Daughtery, T Buckley, T Hands, H Jewell, J Brand, O Classey, P Wilson, L Tonkin, S Buckley, A Wharton, M Kewn. Subs: J James, L Summers, K England, T Roberts, O Marks, K Cooper, J Penhallurick.

Brockenhurst: S Everitt, B Drake, J Nugus, I Moraes, C Mullins, L Colmer, T Bailey, C Brady, G Bullard, S Shearer, C Hawkins. Subs: B Mantoug, D Grace, L Rickman, G Pittorton.