BRODIE Kemp scored six goals as Falmouth Town reserves eased to a resounding 8-1 victory at home to Redruth United.

Kemp scored a nine-minute treble to put Town three up in the game, which was played at Falmouth Sports Hub's 4G pitch after heavy rain across the country, with Ben Beesley's super strike making it four at the break.

The second-half scoring mirrored the first, with Beesley netting a fifth before another treble from Kemp, with Jago Clift scoring a consolation for United as Town moved to within one point of St Piran League West leaders Penryn Athletic, who have a game in hand after their match at St Day fell foul of the weather.

Kemp is now the leading goal scorer across both St Piran League divisions after reaching 20 for the season, and has scored at least double that of anyone else in the West division.

The early signs looked promising for Redruth, who sit 12th in the table, with Dan Horler twice shooting narrowly wide of Callum Davis' goal.

Kemp was in the thick of the action at the other end, volleying well over from a corner before laying off to Beesley, whose 25-yard effort was well saved by Redruth 'keeper Paul Webber.

Will Harding also had a go before Beesley shot into the side netting as the hosts turned the screw, and their pressure was rewarded on 20 minutes when Harding put Kemp in on the right, who took a touch before finding the opposite corner.

Kemp could have doubled the lead almost instantly when he poked a long ball past Webber, but Simon James got back to clear it off the line before the striker could prod it over.

Beesley then saw his header from a corner disallowed for a push in the box, before Charlie Hawthorne forced a good save out of Davis at the other end.

But Kemp soon had his second of the game on 28 minutes as he raced onto a pass and smashed in from ten yards.

He completed his hat-trick barely a minute later, latching onto a through ball and firing past Webber from the centre of the box.

Town were finding the net with every shot at the moment and Beesley was at it on 36 minutes with the goal of the game. Lewis Ellis teed up the striker on the edge of the box, who sent a rocket of a shot past Webber.

The hosts could have added more to their tally before the break, with Beesley hitting the side netting, Ronnie May testing Webber and Kemp firing wide, but it remained four at the interval.

Falmouth continued the onslaught after the break with Kemp, Beesley and Harding having efforts at goal inside the first five minutes of the second half.

A fifth felt imminent and it duly arrived on 54 minutes, with Beesley drilling a low shot in the far bottom corner from the edge of the box for his second of the game.

Town made their first substitutions of the game and one of those, Kyle Cooke, had a big hand in the sixth on. The forward began a counter and bore down on goal before squaring to Kemp, who fired high into the goal from ten yards for his fourth of the afternoon.

Redruth got something for their efforts 14 minutes from time when Clift pulled one back with a fine finish, curling a lovely shot into the top corner from just outside the box.

The joy lasted barely a minute before Town restored their six-goal advantage, with Kemp again the man to drive in Town's seventh.

Ellis came close to making it eight soon after when his shot seemed destined for the top corner but was superbly headed off the line by Ben Widdershoven.

But it was Kemp who was on hand to complete a wonderful afternoon for him and for Town by finishing off a devastating counter and drilling into the bottom corner.

Falmouth: C Davis, R May, L Bax, T Campbell, L Chinn, A Barnicoat, L Ellis, H MacMellon, B Beesley, B Kemp, W Harding. Subs: S Bromley, F Harris, S Kellow, K Cooke, C Edney.

Redruth: P Webber, s James, T Milburn, B Widdershoven, T Edmonds, L Pellow, L Matthews, D Horler, J Myatt, C Hawthorne, J Paris. Subs: J Clift, P Barnse, T Craze, L Rosewell, G Haynes.