LUKE Barner scored four goals as Falmouth Town demolished Godolphin Atlantic to breeze into the third round of the Walter C Parson League Cup.

David Broglino scored a hat-trick of penalties, Luke Brabyn added two and substitutes Jordan Annear and Sam Pickup notched one apiece as the 2018 champions ran riot at Godolphin Way.

Dom Roberts netted a consolation for the G.

Falmouth will now host either Stoke Gabriel or Torridgeside in the third round.

Town opened the scoring in the 11th minute when a corner came into the G's box, with one effort being blocked before Barner lashed in from ten yards.

Barner had his second just two minutes later, with Luke Johnson striding forward on the left flank before squaring it for the winger to fire in from six yards.

Barner's seven-minute hat-trick was complete four minute later when Ryan Chinn spotted the winger free on the right and picked him out, with Barner racing into the box and finding the top corner.

A further four minutes had barely elapsed before Barner had his and his side's fourth, firing in from a tight angle at the far post to extend Town's lead and all but confirm their spot in the next round.

The in-form forward had the ball in the net a fifth time on the half-hour mark, but the offside flag had long since gone up, with Broglino and Johnson both squandering chances to further extend the visitors' lead soon after.

Barner was involved when Town did add a fifth shortly before the break, turning from scorer to provider when his cross from the right found Brabyn, who tucked it home at the back post.

There was still time for a sixth before the half-time whistle blew, with Barner involved again as he took a tumble inside the box, with Broglino hammering the spot kick past Godolphin 'keeper Chase Wilson.

Jacob Grange came close with an effort early in the second half for Godolphin only to be denied by an excellent block by Ben Oliver, before half-time substitute Annear saw his goal ruled out for offside at the other end.

A seventh was coming and it came on the hour thanks to fine work by Brabyn, who picked the ball up on the left and rode several challenges before crossing for Annear to fire in from six yards.

The hosts, to their credit, kept plugging away and managed a consolation for their efforts on 66 minutes. It was brought about by good work from Roberts, who won the ball off one defender before shrugging off the challenge of another and driving into the bottom corner.

The Falmouth procession continued three minutes later when an excellent right-wing cross found Annear at the near post, whose shot was saved by Wilson but fell to Annear's fellow sub Pickup, who rolled in the rebound.

Town got their second penalty of the night six minutes later when Martyn Duff was sent sprawling in the box, with Broglino doing the honours from the spot again.

The small group of travelling Town supporters were requesting a tenth goal, and their wishes were granted in the 84th minute, with Brabyn collecting a pass on the left flank, cutting inside, running towards the byline and shooting into the far corner.

Godolphin's misery continued soon after with Dan Soley receiving a second yellow card for a late tackle towards the touchline.

There was still time to add an 11th and it came three minutes later when Barner was hauled down in the box for a second time, with Broglino stepping up to complete his hat-trick of penalties.

Just under three minutes remained on the clock but the referee had seen enough, blowing for full-time straight after Broglino's penalty hit the back of the net.

Godolphin: C Wilson, D Soley, D Southworth, J Gotthardt, C Buchanan, H Pawsey, J Grange, D Roberts, C Harvey, N Chapman, K Tippet. Subs: A Piper, L Harris, K Rowland.

Falmouth: R Barnes, D Blizzard, B Oliver, R Chinn (S Pickup HT), J Cooper (O Moody 48), T Clark, L Barner, D Broglino, L Brabyn, M Duff, L Johnson (J Annear HT). Subs (unused): A Westgarth.