A second half Tyler Harvey penalty helped Truro City scrape past a battling Hartley Wintney side 2-1 at Treyew Road, writes Cameron Weldon.

Luke Jephcott put this hosts ahead with just 62 seconds on the clock before the visitors equalised on 34 minutes. Tyler Harvey scored the winner as he converted from the penalty spot with Jack Ball being shown a straight red for hand ball.

Having not played a league game in just under a month due to postponements and cup fixtures, Truro looked for a reaction after their disappointing FA Trophy defeat last week, and a reaction was exactly what they got.

With barely a minute played, Ed Palmer playing his first game since his return from Taunton Town sent an inviting long ball forward which was well knocked on by Tyler Harvey into the path of Luke Jephcott who slotted into the bottom corner to give City the lead.

The on loan Plymouth Argyle striker looked a constant threat and was close to adding a second just five minutes later. Harvey again the source as he played a ball across to Jephcott but this time he couldn’t provide the necessary finish to beat Williams in the Hartley goal.

Jephcott then turned provider as he sent Niall Thompson through on goal but his powerful effort went the wrong side of the post.

Palmer then came close to adding a second as his free kick went straight into the wall before his rebound smashed the post where it fell to Jephcott who couldn’t sort his feet out as the visitors managed to clear.

Truro were then made to rue those missed chances as they failed to clear their box when Shane Hollamby headed past James Hamon at the far post to equalise against the run of play.

Going into the second half, it took City less than ten minutes to restore their lead. Debutant Ryan Dickson did well out wide before picking out Thompson whose shot was stopped on the line by the hand of Jack Ball. The defender was sent for an early shower with a straight red card and Truro were awarded a penalty.

The ever reliable Tyler Harvey stepped up and hammered the White Tigers back in front scoring his seventh goal of the season since his return from Bath City in late September.

James Hamon was then forced in a sharp save which he pushed away as Hartley looked for another equaliser.

Truro were looking defensively strong and were happy to attack on the counter attack. Substitute Alex Battle found space on the right-hand side where he sent in an inviting cross but despite being at full stretch Jephcott couldn’t get on the end off.

Battle again went through but was denied a shooting opportunity by a brilliant last ditch tackle.

Adel Gafaiti was shown a second yellow card meaning both teams were down to ten men for the remaining ten minutes.

Despite seeing the majority of the possession, the visitors were unable to breach Hamon’s goal as City remained resolute at the back to earn their tenth league win of the season.

They remain third in the Southern League and are next in action on Wednesday evening as they travel to Taunton Town in the Southern League Challenge Cup.

Truro: Hamon, Davis, Dickson, Palmer, Mbayo, Gafaiti, Booth (Richards 75), Dean, Thompson (Battle 70), Jephcott, Harvey.

Attendance: 412