Falmouth Town Manager Andrew Westgarth hailed the importance of his sides 4-2 home win over Camelford at Bickland Park.

Town headed into the game having lost for the first time of the season 3-1 against Buckland Athletic in the FA Vase last time out.

But two goals from Jack Bray-Evans plus strikes from Luke Brabyn and Andreas Calleja-Stayne sealed the victory for Town who extended their lead at the top of the South West Peninsula League to seven points.

Speaking to the Packet after the match Westgarth said: "The most important thing was the win, off the back of a defeat the last thing you want is another bad result. The most important thing was the three points, I thought we deserved it.

"I think 4-2 flattered them even though they did have a few chances. Barnsey (Ryan Barnes) made a couple of good saves but for all of our dominance in the first half we looked very good value for 1-0. You can be critical, we did miss some big chances but we played some lovely football."

Falmouth started with Bray-Evans playing down the middle and Brabyn on the left and the manager thought the switch paid off: "We had a tactical tweak today we put him (Bray Evans) down the middle with Brabyn going out wide and I thought the balance looked a lot better today.

"He (Bray-Evans) got off to a great start putting us 1-0 up. His first goal at the Packet End which was great for him. I wanted a reaction in the second half and we certainly got that. We went 2-0, then they made it 2-1 but then a key moment Brabyn scoring within 30 seconds of their goal.

"It was a pressure penalty and then we were comfortable to see the game out. I was disappointed to concede one right at the end, with literally the last kick of the game which made it sound closer than it was but it was a big three points for us."

Westgarth also provided an update on winger Tim Nixon who took a boot to the face late on in the game when challenging for a header: "We are going to check on him, he took a nasty one to the face. Not a nice one to see. I thought it was a penalty, he got clattered in the face. Hopefully he will be alright." He said.

Falmouth's next game is away to second-placed Liskeard who like Falmouth are unbeaten this season in the league.