Falmouth Town’s Jack Bray-Evans and James Ward both believed their side’s first half performance wasn’t up to their usual standard as Town came from behind on two occasions to grab a 2-2 draw in stoppage time against Wellington.

Wellington had taken a first half lead from Tom Stone before Bray-Evans equalised in the 63rd minute with a flicked header from a Tim Nixon corner.

Town’s lead lasted barely a minute though as Wellington fired hasty response through striker Miles Quick who nutmegged his man before toe poking into the bottom right corner.

The visitors were reduced to ten men when Eli Collins was shown a second yellow card and then nine men as Joe Chamberlain was sin binned for dissent.

This allowed Town to pile on the pressure before Bray-Evans eventually levelled the play with seconds to go, heading a Ward flick on into the back of the net.

You can read the full match report from the exciting encounter here.

Speaking to the Packet after the match, Town’s point saver Bray-Evans said: The first one I didn’t know much about it, it came off the back of my head. I just made a run to the front post and it literally hit me on the back of the head.

“The second one, I had missed a couple chances beforehand that I felt I should have done better with before that. Wardy put it on a plate for me and I just headered it into the ground and that’s that really.

“I think even though we’ve come away with a point in our first game in the Western League we are still a little disappointed, especially with the first half. I think all round the pitch we were off it by a yard. Second half was a different ball game, obviously they went down to nine briefly and thank god we capitalized on it in the end and came away with the point.”

You can watch the full interview with the duo on Packet Sport TV here:

Ward echoed his teammate’s thoughts and also paid thanks to his goalkeeper Ryan Barnes who made a superb stage late on in the half to keep the lead at just one goal he said: “If I’m honest I thought they were the better team in the first half, realistically as Jack eluded to we weren’t really at the races first half.

“Barnesy (Ryan Barnes) bailed us out in the last minute of the first half and we came in at 1-0 disappointed. At least its not two. It says a lot about what the standard is like in the Western League. I think we need to get up to speed very quickly and just nit pick a couple of things and we won’t be too far off. “

Falmouth are away to East Cornwall side Millbrook on Tuesday, August 2 and Ward is expecting a completely different style of game to this fixture. He said: “I am sure it’ll be a different game of football, I think the pitch will be a lot narrower, they’ll have a different style of play I imagine.

"I know they have had a few boys that have left Millbrook so they will be quite a new outfit. Back to the Tuesday’s and Saturday’s for a bit it’ll be good fun.

Kick off at Jenkins Park is at 7:45pm. Falmouth’s next home game is on Saturday, August 6 when they host Saltash United in the FA Cup.